I have seen alot of posts on how to remove an IT Policy, what I am looking for is an IT Policy that will encompass the use of BES with Personal purchased devices that want to use the corporate BES server. Today, I have policy stating what is allowed, what is not allowed, how the BES server will handle this, turning off/on certian fetures.. Problem is, when a user owns the device, how do you handle that? Has anyone seen a policy that incorporates this type of ownership?
    I dont want to be a P***K about the whole thing and say it is what it is, and you no longer can have IM, or download a 3rd party application, or your phone has to lock in 5 minutes.. I dont want to hear "Hey, its my phone.. I pay the bill.. All I want is my e-mail from BES.. "

Anyone can point me in the correct direction ?
    05-29-08 03:56 PM
    If you decide to connect you own BB to the BES and your IT dept, then you play by their rules. If you don't want to play by their rules, then remove IT policy and have a BIS account instead.
    05-29-08 04:05 PM
    If I allow someone to add their personal device to my BES, I will state explicitly the IT policy and that if they ever leave the company, I will remotely wipe it.. If they are not OK with it, then they can use BIS.
    05-29-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD