What is the point of other web browsers, besides the one the BB comes with? Thanks.
    11-13-08 07:04 PM
    In case you want a change of pace like me I'm on operamini right now. Its all preferance.
    11-13-08 07:16 PM
    Oh, I was thinking that it changes all the web pages to make them easier to view on a smaller screen or something.
    11-13-08 07:20 PM
    Some sites, such as my bank and visa payment center, will not load and view properly with BB Browser. Most all sites are fine, but I always have to use OperaMini on those that don't. At least there's "plan B"...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 07:21 PM
    Never in all my BB use have I had a site I could not get to with
    the default browser. I played with Opera Mini for a minute and the
    dumped it as it was, well, unnecessary and really didn't render
    pages any better as far as I felt.
    11-13-08 07:45 PM
    Opera mini enables you to view some sites that the BB browser either cannot view or it just loads looking terrible. I don't really like opera as much as the BB browser, but for me it is necessary for just a few sites I frequent.
    So I just keep both on my BB and use opera occasionally.

11-13-08 08:08 PM
    Well I used Opera until I upgraded to 4.5. Now with the much improved default browser, I really see no need for 3rd party browsers.

11-13-08 08:39 PM
    I tried to use the native BB browser in OS 4.5 after hearing everybody talk about how much better it was, but I quickly went back to Opera mini. The difference for me isn't the rendering of pages, as both are pretty good now, but the speed. Opera is way, way faster on my phone than the BB browser. I swear Opera is faster on edge than the BB browser is on wifi.
    11-13-08 09:02 PM
    I tried to use the native BB browser in OS 4.5 after hearing everybody talk about how much better it was, but I quickly went back to Opera mini. The difference for me isn't the rendering of pages, as both are pretty good now, but the speed. Opera is way, way faster on my phone than the BB browser. I swear Opera is faster on edge than the BB browser is on wifi.
    The speed to me was equally fast on both on both OS 4.5 and 4.2
    11-13-08 09:07 PM
    I've had the same experiences as AG. I'd say opera might have been a tiny bit faster, maybe. But ease of use def goes to the native bb browser.

11-14-08 01:16 AM
    I agree with AG, I like the bb browser, opera jusy didn't do it for me

11-14-08 01:55 AM
    I use opera mini on a few sites that don't currently work on the BlackBerry browser, but for most browsing, I use and prefer the BB browser.

11-14-08 06:48 AM
    Same here. i use Opera Mini for sites that won't load or function properly with the native bb browser. For example orbitz.com and paypal.com and teva.com and ebay.

The bb browsers freezes and will not allow full functionality with those sites. Paypal mobile works on the bb browser fine but you cannot add funds from that, you need to do so on the full site. When selling on ebay you cannot send the buyer a bill on the mobile site and the bb browser locks up when trying to do that on the full ebay site.

Other than that i like the bb browser.

11-14-08 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD