I know there has to be a better way than what I am doing--it takes too many steps and too much time but I am not too familiar with podcasts, mp3s, or really BBs.

Here is what I have been doing. I use iTunes to download or subscribe o the podcasts I want. When they show up in Windows Media Player library they are listed at a 64kbps bitrate. This is fine, I don't really need good quality for these NPR or talk radio downloads. However, if I proceed to load them to my BB using the "copy to cd or device" button they copy fine, show up on my BB fine and show up in the media player on my BB as well. They show the full length and the graphic too. But When I play they just wont. The play button turns to a pause button and everything, but nothing plays.

So I tried converting them to MP3s in iTunes first. When I do this (which takes a bit of time) they then show up again in my Windows Media Player but with a 80kbps bitrate. The old 64kbps versions are still in there too. I copy the newer versions to my BB using the same method described above (Copy to CD or Device button) and now they work.

Why? What can I do to cut out the convert to MP3 in iTunes step? They are already MP3s as far as I know when I first get them. They show up as MP3s in the Windows Media Player Both times. Is there an easier way without using Roxio (Roxio has never worked well for me at all)?

This method is getting old real fast. If anyone could give me a step by step that is easier than what I just described, and hopefully in as much detail as I just used for the tech impaired I would really appreciate it!

TYIA,

Eli
    Last edited by ong-gia; 01-22-08 at 11:03 PM.
    01-22-08 03:04 PM
    Okay, I'm doing the bump thing here.

I'm not sure if this question is difficult to answer or not appropriate for this forum or I have body odor maybe?

Seriously though, did I do something wrong? I'm only asking so I can learn if I did, not to be demanding or anything, I swear.

Eli
    01-27-08 06:21 PM
    If I understand the question the BB won't play something in iTunes format, that's why it needs to be mp3. I download podcasts in Windows Media and it comes in as mp3 to begin with.

Hope this helps, and welcome.
    01-28-08 10:00 AM
    If I understand the question the BB won't play something in iTunes format, that's why it needs to be mp3. I download podcasts in Windows Media and it comes in as mp3 to begin with.

Hope this helps, and welcome.
    01-28-08 10:02 AM
    Thank you! I will try that out. So you are saying you get your podcasts directly downloaded to windows media without another program?

Eli
    01-29-08 12:12 AM
    I download them to a folder as an mp3. Then move them to where I want them, mp3 player or BB.
    01-29-08 02:09 PM
    I download them to a folder as an mp3. Then move them to where I want them, mp3 player or BB.

Okay, this is turning into a windows media question but could you give me the steps for loading podcasts into a folder? I'm sorry, I'm a little behind the times. My monitor was still amber and I had to rip the little edges off my printer paper the last time I was up on anything. I still have trouble remembering not to call this machine a word processor.

Thanks,

Eli
    01-29-08 08:49 PM
    For me, I just go to the web page of the podcast I want and right click, save link as...and select the folder. It downloads as an mp3 and I save them in My Music under Podcasts.
    01-29-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD