-----
    (sorry for the misspelling on the Title....can't edit it?)

PocketDay looks good from what I'm reading. I'd like 'reviews' from those of you who have it, to tell me why you like it and how its useful to you. Thanks

Does PocketDay have an Icon on your Home Screen, so you can still have all the other Icons?

Oh yea, one more question.... who would you say doesn't need the professional version?

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 05-22-08 at 11:32 AM.
    05-22-08 10:37 AM
    Download the free trial. Have a look for yourself. I did that and thought that the screen was incredibly fussy and deleted it 10 minutes later.
    05-22-08 03:42 PM
    -----

I'd like to personally thank the powers that be around here for correcting my spelling on the Title of this post. I'm happy now.

P.S. You remind me of my husband. I gripe. He fixes. I'm happy.

-----
    05-22-08 08:19 PM
    Download the free trial. Have a look for yourself. I did that and thought that the screen was incredibly fussy and deleted it 10 minutes later.
    My reaction exactly. Much too busy for me...
    05-22-08 10:00 PM
    I tried it before... I love the information, but I miss the colorful backgrounds and eye candy... So deleted it.
    05-22-08 10:06 PM
    Im using it right now, the trial version and its....okay, it could defiantly
    be better....good freeware but not anything i would pay for.
    05-23-08 09:09 AM
    I tried it before... I love the information, but I miss the colorful backgrounds and eye candy... So deleted it.
    Same here.....Also hated the clutter on the screen
    05-23-08 10:08 AM
    It was too large and provided features I do not want/need. What I wanted was the ability to create an appt from the contact application.
    05-23-08 10:09 AM
    I have been using it for about 14 months since I got my Blackberry 8800. The built in PIM is just too weak for me coming from a Treo 700p where I used Agendus.

If you have not used PocketDay in the past 6-9 months give Version 5 a whirl. CRS has done a great job of fixing/updating the functions available and making it more useful. It is a big program with a great deal of user customization available.

You can hide what you want and then pull it up easily using the new side-to-side motion of the trackball to get the ribbon bar where you can go to any function (home screen, calendar, tasks, missed calls, email, sms, stocks, weather, google....) available in PocketDay.

I have found it much better than the built in PIM.

There is also a beta of PocketInformant out there that will be going public shortly. The private beta has been going a while and it has made great strides.
    05-23-08 10:35 AM
    I have to say I've given version 5.3.0.7 a try and I have to agree with what has been stated above.

Screen is very fuzzy, which takes away from the beauty and clarity of the BB.

It's too busy, i.e. clutters the screen

It reminds of my days on the commodore 64 (showing age) or when Prodigy first came out very rudimentary.

I don't see any value in purchasing PocketDay.
    05-23-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD