My friend's Sprint BB Curve has Pocket Express. I just saw it as a free download from Handmark, but it doesn't appear to be able to work on Verizon BB Curve. At least it does not list as being compatible.

Is it worth downloading?
    Will it work on the Verizon BB Curve? Possibly it just isn't listed.
    08-06-08 12:19 AM
    I tried it for about 3 days and deleted it. It was IMO
    kind of limited and overlapped a few apps I have that do
    a better job.
    08-06-08 12:40 AM
    I tried it for about 3 days and deleted it. It was IMO
    kind of limited and overlapped a few apps I have that do
    a better job.
    Agreed. I know some that find this app very useful though... I'm not one.
    08-06-08 12:42 AM
    My friend's Sprint BB Curve has Pocket Express. I just saw it as a free download from Handmark, but it doesn't appear to be able to work on Verizon BB Curve. At least it does not list as being compatible.

Is it worth downloading?
    I only use it for local weather. For sports etc, I go to ESPN
    08-06-08 01:35 AM
    Have you tried WeatherBug?
    08-06-08 07:55 AM
    i use this app, pretty neat thing to have for movie tickets, weather, etc
    08-06-08 08:00 AM
    Pocket Express comes pre-installed with Sprint. I use it for the news and weather. There is a monthly fee of $9.99 for 411 lookups, maps, driving directions, flight status and more, as well as a live personal assistance called MobileCierge. IMO, it is not worth a download as others have mentioned there are other apps that do a better job for free.
    08-06-08 08:01 AM

Is it worth downloading?
    Probably just isn't listed. I used it for a long time on my 7250 and since March on my Verizon 8830. But as others have said, there are free apps that do as much. I may not renew my subscription.
    08-06-08 08:17 AM
    Thanks.. I thought it was interesting that Sprint gave it for free, but do have other "free" applications that work just as well.

This group rocks... I'm loving my first BlackBerry!!!
    08-06-08 09:29 AM
    You can get the free version directly from HandMark as well. I upgraded to the subscription service to get airline flight information, but I fly a lot on regional jets and they often aren't listed, so the extra feature hasn't proven worth the expense. I have an annual subscription, that's cheaper than month-to-month, but I'll probably not renew it.
    08-06-08 09:35 AM
    It works perfectly for the VZW curve. Just google and go directly to the site and have them send the link to your phone. I use to use it everyday, but since I have been using Viigo, I may look at it every other of less often then that. Good when I want to get the weather real quick, or bored and wanna read some quick news. I don't use weatherbug nor do I want another program on my phone. Don't pay the subscription fee.... you can get other apps for free that do what they charge you for.
    08-06-08 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD