Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Pocket email???

    I was told by someone that they "pocket emailed" me. That seems like it would be really hard to do on accident. The email only had one letter in the subject and also in the body of the email, but still. That seems weird to me. Is that even possible?
  2. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Highly unlikely
    That's Phill with 2 L's
  3. LazyEvul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,823 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,869 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Well, my 9810 has in the past downloaded, installed, and ran an app in my pocket, so I wouldn't call it impossible!
    Z30 (10.3.0.1130 w/ .1154 BAR files) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 GDR1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
  4. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    This was sent from the work email tied to his Blackberry. Is it possible to determine if an email is sent from a BB as opposed to the computer it is tied to? Does an email sent from a BB always identify it as "sent from my Blckberry" or is that an option? Thanks.
  5. LazyEvul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,823 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,869 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Any e-mails I send from my BlackBerry have a checkmark next to them in the Messages app, rather than the usual envelope icon.
    Z30 (10.3.0.1130 w/ .1154 BAR files) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 GDR1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
  6. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,773 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default Pocket email???

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLisa22 View Post
    This was sent from the work email tied to his Blackberry. Is it possible to determine if an email is sent from a BB as opposed to the computer it is tied to? Does an email sent from a BB always identify it as "sent from my Blckberry" or is that an option? Thanks.
    It's an option. You could dig through the mail header to find an ip address and see if its a home or cell provider Ip...if you're really concerned.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
  7. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    Any e-mails I send from my BlackBerry have a checkmark next to them in the Messages app, rather than the usual envelope icon.
    It was sent to my Gmail account. They all look the same. I can look at the phone and see if he has that icon. Thanks for the tip.
  8. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    It's an option. You could dig through the mail header to find an ip address and see if its a home or cell provider Ip...if you're really concerned.
    Thanks. I am not seeing the IP address on the header but Gmail seems to over simplify things. I'll see if I can't turn up the IP addess. And yes, I am very concerned. Thank you for your help.
  9. chrysaurora's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,097 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Gmail doesn't show originating ip header. So, if email was sent from Gmail - you won't be able to find source.
    If email was sent from work account, view header, and look for "originating" ip header. And then look up that ip-address. You could simply view advanced headers and paste them here:
    Trace Email
    ***
    Dear BlackBerry,
    1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
    2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
    3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
  10. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    Gmail doesn't show originating ip header. So, if email was sent from Gmail - you won't be able to find source.
    If email was sent from work account, view header, and look for "originating" ip header. And then look up that ip-address. You could simply view advanced headers and paste them here:
    Trace Email

    Perfect. Thank you!
  11. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLisa22 View Post
    I was told by someone that they "pocket emailed" me. That seems like it would be really hard to do on accident. The email only had one letter in the subject and also in the body of the email, but still. That seems weird to me. Is that even possible?
    My BB9700 has pocket emailed, pocked dialed, and even pocket tweeted people. I just keep it in my left pocket unholstered and without a case, and I think sometimes when I put it in my pocket I accidentally unlock it as well. So yes, it's definitely possible.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
  12. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Thanks Pantlesspenguin. That is good to hear and a little funny. Probably a good thing you don't Instagram then.
  13. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,394 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,423 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Is this someone you are dating and you are concered about mind games? Otherwise don't think its a big deal
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  14. LittleLisa22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Is this someone you are dating and you are concered about mind games? Otherwise don't think its a big deal
    It is - my spouse actually. There have been some highly questionable things going on that he can't explain. You're right, otherwise, I wouldn't even worry about it.
  15. ninjastorm's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    To unknowingly email someone from your blackberry or email device, while it is is your pocket, purse, or manbag. Similar to pocket-call.

Similar Threads

  1. Crackberry.com email access?
    By root in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 08:49 AM
  2. Pocket (readitlater) getting scrambled emails from BB
    By lavo96 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 07:43 PM
  3. Are YOU Enjoying your @CrackBerry.com Email Address?
    By James Falconer in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 12:48 PM
  4. Someone else's email set up on my Pearl
    By Dennis in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 04:07 AM
  5. Crackberry email account?
    By wilkbberry in forum Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Posting Permissions