Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Pocket email???

I was told by someone that they "pocket emailed" me. That seems like it would be really hard to do on accident. The email only had one letter in the subject and also in the body of the email, but still. That seems weird to me. Is that even possible?
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Highly unlikely
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts

Well, my 9810 has in the past downloaded, installed, and ran an app in my pocket, so I wouldn't call it impossible!
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.821) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

This was sent from the work email tied to his Blackberry. Is it possible to determine if an email is sent from a BB as opposed to the computer it is tied to? Does an email sent from a BB always identify it as "sent from my Blckberry" or is that an option? Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts

Any e-mails I send from my BlackBerry have a checkmark next to them in the Messages app, rather than the usual envelope icon.
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.821) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,927 Global Posts

Default Pocket email???

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLisa22 View Post
    This was sent from the work email tied to his Blackberry. Is it possible to determine if an email is sent from a BB as opposed to the computer it is tied to? Does an email sent from a BB always identify it as "sent from my Blckberry" or is that an option? Thanks.
    It's an option. You could dig through the mail header to find an ip address and see if its a home or cell provider Ip...if you're really concerned.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    Any e-mails I send from my BlackBerry have a checkmark next to them in the Messages app, rather than the usual envelope icon.
    It was sent to my Gmail account. They all look the same. I can look at the phone and see if he has that icon. Thanks for the tip.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    It's an option. You could dig through the mail header to find an ip address and see if its a home or cell provider Ip...if you're really concerned.
    Thanks. I am not seeing the IP address on the header but Gmail seems to over simplify things. I'll see if I can't turn up the IP addess. And yes, I am very concerned. Thank you for your help.
    CrackBerry Master

Gmail doesn't show originating ip header. So, if email was sent from Gmail - you won't be able to find source.
    If email was sent from work account, view header, and look for "originating" ip header. And then look up that ip-address. You could simply view advanced headers and paste them here:
    Trace Email
    Dear BlackBerry,
    1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
    2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
    3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    Gmail doesn't show originating ip header. So, if email was sent from Gmail - you won't be able to find source.
    If email was sent from work account, view header, and look for "originating" ip header. And then look up that ip-address. You could simply view advanced headers and paste them here:
    Trace Email

Perfect. Thank you!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLisa22 View Post
    I was told by someone that they "pocket emailed" me. That seems like it would be really hard to do on accident. The email only had one letter in the subject and also in the body of the email, but still. That seems weird to me. Is that even possible?
    My BB9700 has pocket emailed, pocked dialed, and even pocket tweeted people. I just keep it in my left pocket unholstered and without a case, and I think sometimes when I put it in my pocket I accidentally unlock it as well. So yes, it's definitely possible.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks Pantlesspenguin. That is good to hear and a little funny. Probably a good thing you don't Instagram then.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,621 Global Posts

Is this someone you are dating and you are concered about mind games? Otherwise don't think its a big deal
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Is this someone you are dating and you are concered about mind games? Otherwise don't think its a big deal
    It is - my spouse actually. There have been some highly questionable things going on that he can't explain. You're right, otherwise, I wouldn't even worry about it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

To unknowingly email someone from your blackberry or email device, while it is is your pocket, purse, or manbag. Similar to pocket-call.