I've read up on memory, and I'm sure I'm in good shape, but can someone confirm this for me and my paranoid side that I'm in good shape?

File Free
    51 970 468

Apps listed under Options > Advanced > Applications I have on...

Blackberry 4.3 Core
    Semitic Characters and Font...
    Blackberry attachment service
    Brickbreaker
    Browser
    CB Launcher
    Email Setuyp Application
    Google Maps
    Memo Pad
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    Tasks
    Weathereye

As you can see, it's pretty bare.
    Any missing "must haves"
    08-30-08 03:51 AM
    As far as your free memory goes you are in fantastic shape.

For "must haves" that is hard to answer as we don't know what
    you like or need, but this might help get to started

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...hlight=popular
    08-30-08 05:44 AM
    viigo - RRS reader
    vlingo - press of a button you can open apps, make calls, and even have it type txts ! downside if you curse like a sailor like me, it stars out curse words
    08-30-08 05:48 AM
    Viigo, never did anything for me and is usually deleted in a few days after I install any new version.

Vlingo, is worthless. Everything I can do with it I can do
    faster without it.
    08-30-08 06:17 AM
    I would also get rid of tasks and semitic characters, and then start loadin up.
    Your free mem is the ONLY reason I've been debating picking up a curve, i would be the biggest theme ***** on the planet...

BTW,
    I really like Opera, the espn launcher, viigo is nice if you keep the sub count down and limit the articles to 20.
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 08-30-08 at 09:55 AM.
    08-30-08 09:52 AM
    I thought I was impressed with my 47 free! I've been told you need at least 12 free, so I'd say you're in damn good shape my friend.
    Get urself Live Search and/or Beyond 411!!
    08-30-08 09:59 AM
    I thought I was impressed with my 47 free! I've been told you need at least 12 free, so I'd say you're in damn good shape my friend.
    Oh yeah, forgot all about Beyond 411..literally lost without it..
    08-30-08 10:07 AM
    They're really that much better than the search function of Google Maps?
    08-30-08 12:20 PM
    Live search made me delete google maps instantly. I dunno about beyond 411
    08-30-08 12:24 PM
    Google Maps shows one of the oldest streets in my town (my town is over 200 years old and this road is almost that old) stopping in the middle of nowhere when it's supposed to go another 12 miles.

Plus, it tries to access everything by GPS, since I have verizon, it's not possible to get an accurate listing of where I'm at, nor can I add an address to put me in the correct place.

The dealbreaker was going for a job interview and it's turn by turn directions got me lost in my own city, that I'm quite familiar with.

Then I came on here and looked more into Google Maps, turns out others felt the same way I did (though I'm certain some people are happy with it). I loaded Live Search and never went back!
    08-30-08 12:25 PM
    Live search made me delete google maps instantly. I dunno about beyond 411
    I think it was 'live search' that I wanted to use too, but doesn't work on verizon.....locked gps
    08-30-08 12:31 PM
    I loaded Live Search and never went back!
    Hmmm am I thinking of the wrong application? Doesn't live search need the gps funtion to work on the phone?
    08-30-08 12:34 PM
    Well, to fully get the experience, GPS is needed, but even without it, it still works better than Google Maps.

Never thought I'd find myself dissing a google product!
    08-30-08 12:43 PM
    Well, to fully get the experience, GPS is needed, but even without it, it still works better than Google Maps.

Never thought I'd find myself dissing a google product!
    So it also gives me a map and my location? - albeit, only to the nearest tower (without gps)
    08-30-08 12:54 PM
    I was uninstalling some un-necessary components last night and I'm right where you are with free memory. Question: How much memory is freed by removing the Email Setup Application?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 01:18 PM
    You cdma people have simply got to quit bragging!

08-30-08 01:57 PM
    I was uninstalling some un-necessary components last night and I'm right where you are with free memory. Question: How much memory is freed by removing the Email Setup Application?

Thanks

Don't get greedy, there are a few you want to leave on, that's one of em. Also leave "search" alone
    don't ask me how I know...
    08-30-08 02:12 PM
    So it also gives me a map and my location? - albeit, only to the nearest tower (without gps)
    It gives you a map yes. It told me I lived 3 blocks away from where I was after entering the address. If you call that a location then yes it does. I personally, in 2008, call that ridiculous Then I refer to it as "uninstalled forever"! lol
    08-30-08 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD