im just saying.. you know your right... to many people think that they are mods....i thank you for your help.
    Whether we "think we are mods" or not, we have every right now and then to express our gripes. Thank you for your input though.
    01-27-09 08:52 PM
    Whether we "think we are mods" or not, we have every right now and then to express our gripes. Thank you for your input though.
    Right so do all the people who post in the wrong area..Sooo thank for your input. treat people like you what to be treated.
    01-27-09 08:57 PM
    Hey Reed not to go off-topic for too long but I wish I had your last name lol
    An ancient and well respected name it is, traces back to the Irish apothecaries of the 14th century.

im just saying.. you know your right... to many people think that they are mods....i thank you for your help.
    It is a delicate dance at times.

Consider this, Verizon added a million new Storm subscribers this quarter. A MILLLION. That doesn't even count the UK or Canadian subscribers and is on top of the normal subscriber growth.

Moderation is a job. Fostering a productive community is the reward. We welcome the contributions you all make, you all have an active roll in the conduct of the community. If you see something that needs attention, a click of the Mod alert button gets our attention.

Our rules are simple and straight forward, our members enjoy a lot of freedom because it is not all technical.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-27-09 at 09:14 PM.
    01-27-09 09:11 PM
    Over the past quarter, BlackBerry has added a couple million new subscribers. That works out to 25,000 new owners, every day.

What do they all have in common? Day one with a BlackBerry.

What does that mean? Excitement, a whole new World of communications.

What happens when they have a question? Carrier customer service carries the bulk of the load. Likely the same half dozen questions, 10,000 times a day. Fortunately, that means response scripts and satisfied owners.

What about the 10% that do not use Customer Service? Simple, they use a search engine, that brings them to us. Roughly 2,500 new members daily.

Do they search? LOL, they did search, that is how they found us.

How do we respond? We welcome them all. We all share an enthusium for BlackBerry and most of us are thrilled to have the chance to interact with the new guys.

Do we mind? Heck NO. Every new post is a measure our our success. The vast majority of our members have seen the same questions and responses, many times. We all can be genusis.

Each of you carries the responsibility of representing the Crackberry community. This is a very special place, we have a massive reach, far in excess of the next guy.

You are all ambassadors of our good will, you are all part of the Crackberry community.

What about misleading thread titles? That a Mod job, we fix them as we find them. In the end, it adds to the knowledge base we all share.
    very well said Reed we were all new at one time. since i have been here the forum has changed a lot their is a lot of bashing going on that use to not be on crackberry and i wish it would stop. i hate to say it but you can go to other forums and the people their are talking about how bad the bashing has gotten on crackberry. its sad when other forums talk about how things have become here why can't we all just get a long like we use to .so what if a title isn't very clear or a new person didn't search first even my self i have searched for things and couldn't fine what i was looking for. when i was new here at crackberry i needed a lot of help because my 8130 was my first smart phone ever and one night i told Jeff that i had a lot of dumb question and Jeff told me that their were not any dumb question's on crackberry and he was here to help and was glad to be able to help me and that meant a lot to me for a Mod to say that.
    01-27-09 10:55 PM
    Everyone here is right. BUT

Read this thread and do your best! http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...lution-118095/
    01-28-09 04:31 AM
    I have (unfortunately) posted things that have been posted before. AG can attest to that! I don't have a pc, all I have is my BB and sometimes I do a search and things don't show up at first... Atleast until AG posts a link.

Sometimes I wonder what CB will do when there are no technical things to post because everything has already been asked and or addressed. The sheer number of posts that come through here everyday boggles the mind. There will be repeat posts and threads because if there wasn't CB would eventually come to a standstill.

At some point all the questions will be asked and answered... Then what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 07:12 AM
    I admit, I made a few with the "help" title. I did search though. I think people are searching the forums wrong. When I tried using the tools section on here, nothing came up right at all.

But if you are on the main crackberry page, you can select to search the forums and then it will bring everything up thats ever been discussed on a certain topic.
    01-28-09 03:01 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD