I have my storm 2 connected at work on wifi running a T1, and at home on wifi running a 20mbps cable connection. But still the browser is slow and takes a long time to load simple pages, not mobile pages. What is going on here? Is the browser that bad that it cant run faster than the 3g speeds the network has? Anyone know what could be wrong. Both wifi networks are not secured. So the connection is running wide open. Any ideas gurus?
    12-10-09 09:38 PM
    It's pretty simple. The blackberry browser is so horrible that it just can't render web pages fast. Download Opera mini and shut off your data so you run on just wifi and you will see a HUGE difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 09:53 PM
    WiFi on the 9550 straight up sucks.

12-10-09 10:10 PM
    WiFi on the 9550 straight up sucks.

what settings are you using? wifi works perfectly on mine.

but like the other user said, its not the connection type...its the browser.
    12-10-09 10:16 PM
    The WiFi on the 9550 is the slowest and most inconsistent on any of the 9 different BBs I've owned. I hope the next update fixes it.

12-10-09 10:22 PM
    WiFi on my 9520 is all good and fast!
    12-10-09 10:25 PM
    Mostly its the crappy BB browser but bajanbastard is correct the s2 wifi could be better. I'm sure the update if it ever leaks will fix it.

12-10-09 10:32 PM
    I live in a neighborhood with spotty 3g coverage so wifi is faster with either browser for me. When using the new opera with wifi, however, the pages actually load just as fast as my pc on the same router. If the new opera beta wasn't so buggy I could probably get rid of the pc altogether.

Oh wait. No flash yet. Nevermind. Pc stays.

12-10-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD