Sorry, you have to go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Blackberry/Apploader.

You missed the common files directory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-08-09 at 03:38 AM.
    05-08-09 03:35 AM
    Yeah, it's version 4.5.0.15. Just double checked, no "apploader" folder either
    05-08-09 03:35 AM
    Check post above for directory structure.

05-08-09 03:37 AM
    The only thing close that I have is an application_loader.dll file...
    05-08-09 03:37 AM
    Sorry, I'm not at my PC, go into the Blackberry folder and look for the Aploader folder.

05-08-09 03:39 AM
    I corrected the directory structure a couple of posts up. I missed Blackberry folder in there.

05-08-09 03:40 AM
    My bad, I found the .exe file. Thank you SO much man, i'll update on the progress
    05-08-09 03:42 AM
    As mentioned, it is going to take about 40 minutes, and it will look like it is sitting there doing nothing with a spinning hourglass, but don't unplug! Wait for a completed message, or if you get an error message.

05-08-09 03:45 AM
    Attn: The problem is corrected! The OS install fixed all problems. Unfortunately contacts and messages were lost, but the problem has indeed been corrected! Thank you again xliderider! I move that maybe this post become a sticky? I do have a pre-OS reinstall backup, but i'm scared to touch it. Any chance it would re-integrate the original problem? Also, I have to know, what caused this problem? It literally nuked this BB... no apps, no menu, NOTHING... if it isn't a virus than what do you call it?
    05-08-09 03:52 AM
    No need to sticky. I wouldn't Restore from the preinstall backup, it might brick your BB again.

Who knows what your buddy did to the BB???

I highly doubt it was a virus. He probably deleted dome files that shouldn't be mucked with...

05-08-09 03:56 AM
    You can try to open DesktopManager and click on Application Loader, Advanced, and try to see if you can do a Selective Restore of just the contacts, messages databases. I wouldn't touch and system databases though.

Make sure to make a Backup first, before attempting this!

Last edited by xliderider; 05-08-09 at 04:07 AM.
    05-08-09 03:59 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD