Hey guys !

not sure were i should post this but i really need some help,

my girlfriends blackberry got stole the other day just after Christmas,
    i noticed a couple days later that my device said that i no longer had her as a contact on my blackberry messenger list, it asked me to re-add the device,

they have not accepted me just yet, but i was just wondering if there is a faster way for me to find out there name as they obviously would of changed there name?

thanks for your help
    01-01-11 05:48 PM
    Have you contacted her provider and told them the phone was stolen? If not, do it now!
    01-01-11 06:09 PM
    Call the phone and c who answers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:16 PM
    Have you contacted her provider and told them the phone was stolen? If not, do it now!
    This. Don't bother trying to contact whoever stole it, it will do you no good. The faster you report it, the more luck you'll have.
    01-01-11 06:18 PM
    Even if you don't find out who it is you can ruin it for everybody else by calling. They can blacklist the PIN so BB services don't work, and depending on carrier they may be able to blacklist the device itself...
    01-01-11 06:29 PM
    You'd better send sms and talk with him or her.Good luck

01-01-11 09:05 PM
    This isn't gonna help you now but for all of you others with GPS enabled devices I'd seriously be looking into an apps like SmrtGuard to prevent hassles like this from ever happening.
    01-02-11 12:47 AM
    I do hope you have those antivirus or GPS locator as it could work if the phone is still on (which I doubt so). If you can remote wipe will be great.

1. Call the provider and bar the PIN asap.
    2. Report police.
    3. Try to sweet talk im out (if nothing else works and you are super desperate)

Either way, they are all long shots.

I am sorry but, I do hope the best for you.
    01-02-11 08:05 AM
    Being in this sitch really sucks. I hope by now you've called your gf's provider and reported the phone stolen so they can do what they need to AND if at all possible, I hope you are able to get the phone back. If not, did she have full coverage insurance so that she can get another ph at the $89 deductible(if she's Vzw)? I hope this all works out for your gf. I know I'd be freakin out if my bb got stolen. Let us know how things worked out.

01-02-11 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD