I am an Alltel customer who purchased a LG Tritan... only find out there were no applications(I was previously ignorant of this)
    the phone is nice... easy - cool touch screen features... I have the option remaining this week only to return the phone and get a BB Tour(at a small additional fee) or Curve...

I hate idiots who ask these questions but... here I am - please help me out... What is so great about the Blackberry... why would I love it, and how is it better than what I have

again I apologize for being one of those annoying posts... but I could really use your assistance... thank you in advance
    01-05-10 11:55 AM
    Applications go a long why towards making a Phone smart.

The BlackBerry excels at one thing, communications. The BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account you will maintain with BlackBerry is the key to making it work.

Email, BlackBerry Messenger, Instant Messeging to anybody and third party applications that provide dynamic content.

01-05-10 12:00 PM
    Email, BlackBerry Messenger, Instant Messaging and the whole BB experience which is a way beyond than any other mobile platform. And if you want to jump on to the BB bandwagon get the Tour - it's far better than the 8530.
    01-05-10 12:08 PM
    so the phone I have now does Facebook, texting and web browsing.. I can do all that as easily with the BB, and more? A friend was complaining to me that BB does not have flash... is that an issue?

How will web functionality/browsing be different with a BB? I do a lot of communicating with a variety of venues... email, texting, Facebook, Twitter etc... it is part of what I do... Will my life be different with BB than it is with the LG Tritan?

Thank you for your assistance so far I really appreciate it
    01-05-10 12:20 PM
    Hey to bump this - but if anyone can give me a little more info - it is appreciated
    01-05-10 01:32 PM
    Adobe Flash is not currently supported, but there was a joint press release where Adobe and Research in Motion are working towards enhanced media content on BlackBerry. Short version, it is coming.

Internet Browsing works acceptable well. The same applies to announcements about a new and much improved Browser.

Will my life be different with BB than it is with the LG Tritan?
    BlackBerry will meet all of your needs, but make life better?
    01-05-10 01:37 PM
    now again let me put on my "I KNOW NOTHING" hat... the local Alltel guys says I can download browsers... like Opera etc... true?
    I assume all the thinsg I do now... Facebook, YouTube, Twitter will work as they do now or better with the BB?
    01-05-10 01:53 PM
    I do a lot of communicating with a variety of venues... email, texting, Facebook, Twitter etc... it is part of what I do...
    Email - Superb on the BB. I hardly even use my desktop or laptop for that anymore.

Texting - Very good on the BB. With the new OS you have threaded texting.

Facebook - There's an app for that

Twitter - There's an app for that

Etc - Check out the CrackBerry App Store
    01-05-10 01:54 PM
    I am an Alltel customer who purchased a LG Tritan... only find out there were no applications(I was previously ignorant of this)
    the phone is nice... easy - cool touch screen features... I have the option remaining this week only to return the phone and get a BB Tour(at a small additional fee) or Curve...

I hate idiots who ask these questions but... here I am - please help me out... What is so great about the Blackberry... why would I love it, and how is it better than what I have

again I apologize for being one of those annoying posts... but I could really use your assistance... thank you in advance
    I did the same things as you. I had the tritan, and went to a blackberry. Honestly, I jumped kinda blindly without doing research, just going off friends and family saying it was a good phone (8330). With that said, I won't look back. I'm happy with the app's, happy with the browser, email, bbm etc. There are outages, but I'd have to think outages happen with every smartphone and one time or another.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 03:32 PM
    ahh so we are or have been in the same boat... so you are liking the blackberry than? Sounds like it...
    01-05-10 04:20 PM
    Yes, you can download various browsers like Opera or Bolt. Ive had my Curve from Alltel since August and I kind of feel the browser gets a bad rap. Yeah its not lightning fast but most of the times it isn't slow. I prefer Bolt for its page view but use the regular browser mosr of the time.

01-05-10 11:52 PM
    Email - Superb on the BB. I hardly even use my desktop or laptop for that anymore.

Texting - Very good on the BB. With the new OS you have threaded texting.

Facebook - There's an app for that

Twitter - There's an app for that

Etc - Check out the CrackBerry App Store
    My thoughts exactly. I cannot imagine life without BB these days. Makes my life so much better in the overall.
    01-06-10 07:46 AM
    okay couple of quick questions -
    Tritan has a full HTML web browser -- Blackberry says:"full HTML web sites supported" What does this mean?

Headset Jack (2.5 mm): Blackberry says "No" - They dont have a headphone jack on the Tour? I thought they did

Tritan uses BREW Blackberry does not - what does that mean?

thanks for your help! You all have been great!
    01-06-10 03:28 PM
    okay couple of quick questions -
    Tritan has a full HTML web browser -- Blackberry says:"full HTML web sites supported" What does this mean?
    Blackberry browser can render either full HTML, HTML+Javascript or mobile versions of sites, even emulate Intenet Explorer and Firefox.

Headset Jack (2.5 mm): Blackberry says "No" - They dont have a headphone jack on the Tour? I thought they did
    It has a 3.5mm headphone jack. Like most (if not all) blackberries.

Tritan uses BREW Blackberry does not - what does that mean?
    No idea.

thanks for your help! You all have been great!
    You have apps for everything you mentined (and more). So, pretty much, I'd say you'll have no problems with a Blackberry.
    01-06-10 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD