Hi this is the first time i have used this site and i hope someone can help
    i bought a blackberry bold 9700 today from a friend. i have inserted my sim and everytime i try to make a call i get ''call failed'' and a series of beeps??
    i also cannot receive txts or send texts.
    my signal is full and wifi is conected. please help x
    06-09-10 04:00 PM
    Carrier?
    OS?
    Account provisioned correctly?
    06-09-10 04:03 PM
    hi this is my first blackberry and i am new to these terms, could you please explain.
    06-09-10 04:05 PM
    Do you have the same carrier that your friend has? If not, you will need to get your phone unlocked in order to use a SIM card from a different carrier.
    06-09-10 04:25 PM
    Okay which carrier do you have? AT&T? T-Mobile? Some UK provider? Also by OS he means which version of the BB Operating System do you have on your Bold? Lastly the account being provisioned correctly means that you have a Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) feature that you pay money for (data) and it's set up for you to use e-mail from your phone.
    06-09-10 04:26 PM
    First thing I would ask - have you tried doing a battery pull?

Simply pull the battery from the device for 30 seconds while it is on. Then replace it and reboot, try another call.

I have had issues with failed calls, and this has always fixed it for me.
    06-09-10 04:27 PM
    hi yes i had the phone unlocked today and the carrier is comeing up 02 as it should but is saying call faild all the time
    06-09-10 04:27 PM
    i have tried the battery pull also.
    and the blackberry is on pay as you go. i have the 3g sign and full signal. sometimes the 3g changes to edge and sometimes EDGE. I am so confused :S
    06-09-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD