So I just got the Blackberry Pearl 8130 today. I put the blackberry desktop manager on my computer, but every time I click on the Media manager it says

"The current display settings do not meet the minimum requirements for this application. Please change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels or higher, and the color quality to 16 bit or higher"

but the problem is I have a Dell Inspiron mini 9, and the highest my screen res will go is 1024 x 600. Is there ANYWAY I can put my music on my blackberry without using the media manager or is there anyway I can make my screen resolution go higher? I think ive tried everything and its just not working. PLEASE HELP!
    12-16-08 09:24 PM
    So I just got the Blackberry Pearl 8130 today. I put the blackberry desktop manager on my computer, but every time I click on the Media manager it says

"The current display settings do not meet the minimum requirements for this application. Please change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels or higher, and the color quality to 16 bit or higher"

but the problem is I have a Dell Inspiron mini 9, and the highest my screen res will go is 1024 x 600. Is there ANYWAY I can put my music on my blackberry without using the media manager or is there anyway I can make my screen resolution go higher? I think ive tried everything and its just not working. PLEASE HELP!

i have limited experience with the pearl..

But I would assume there is a mass storage mode which you would beable to access the device like a usb drive..
    12-16-08 09:26 PM
    ^^^^^yep that will work if you have a media card. once you get one when you plug into your pc you will be prompted to enable mass media storage mode. then you will be able to use your berry as an external drive
    12-16-08 09:28 PM
    Yep. There are many threads here to help you. Just do a search. Here is one to help you get started.
    Last edited by djohnson1810; 12-16-08 at 09:39 PM.
    12-16-08 09:34 PM
    I seldom use media manager it is too slow. I have adapters to plug my card in the usb drive and I load the music mp3 or wma file directly on my media card in the music folder. It works way faster than waiting on the desktop manager to load it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 10:17 PM
    USB cable with mass storage mode on definitely works on the Pearl.

12-17-08 02:02 AM
    I never use the DM I just drag and drop.
    12-17-08 07:06 AM
    I use the media manager occasionally to convert movies and put them on my curve. But that's the only reason.

12-17-08 08:25 AM
    Mass Storage mode should work for you.
    12-17-08 11:45 AM
    I seldom use media manager it is too slow. I have adapters to plug my card in the usb drive and I load the music mp3 or wma file directly on my media card in the music folder. It works way faster than waiting on the desktop manager to load it for you.

Wow, that's a great idea. I'm gonna do that for now on. Thanks
    12-20-08 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD