Hi all, I've had this problem for a few days now and want to get it taken care of asap.

For some reason, my Blackberry 8330 is slow in receiving mail from my Gmail account. Like 10-20 minutes slow. I've had it for maybe 2 weeks and it worked fine at first, but now it's doing this and is driving me crazy. The worst part is, it did this last week so I traded it in and got a new phone, and now the new phone does the same thing!

There has to be something in the Gmail settings that is causing it to delay, right? Can anyone walk me through exactly how to get e-mail to come instantly? Thanks so much in advance.
    03-09-09 03:05 PM
    try to go back into gmail(via your PC, laptop) and reset the Push settings. my gmail is coming in fast, so I'm not sure.
    03-09-09 03:27 PM
    Last summer it was instant push with Bell Mobility.. since september it drop to every 3mins...

I heard that Rogers have some kind of deal with google and are the only one to offer instant push to blackberry with gmail.
    03-09-09 03:27 PM
    try to go back into gmail(via your PC, laptop) and reset the Push settings. my gmail is coming in fast, so I'm not sure.
    What setting are you refering to?
    03-09-09 03:31 PM
    I've been having the same problem the lat 2 days. It's like 5-10 mins after I get it on my gmail.
    03-09-09 03:59 PM
    Yeah, it sucks. What specifically should I change in settings? Would turning off IMAP work?
    03-09-09 04:08 PM
    turning off imap would stop the push to BIS, thus no more emails to your phone period. I am curious as to the setting to tweak mentioned before.
    03-09-09 04:10 PM
    I don't have a Blackberry email address. I only configured the phone with my Gmail account, thru Set Up Wizard when I first got it.
    03-09-09 04:17 PM
    right but imap is how the bb syncs emails with whatever accounts you have on there. The phone goes to the RIM servers, which poll your email servers for changes, then pushes them back to the phone via imap. Atleast thats how i understand it, if im wrong please correct me.
    03-09-09 04:41 PM
    With Gmail IMAP, you can expect a delay of about 10-20 minutes to receive your mail. When I had it setuo as IMAP, it started out being pushed instantly, but after a while I started to have the delay. One remedy is to switch from IMAP to POP in gmail settings. Once this is done, you will have to delete your gmail address thru BIS and re-set it by just entering your gmail address and password, not by doing the steps to set it up as IMAP. With POP, messages won't show as read in your physical inbox if you read them on your BB, but you can delete them and it will register on both ends. POP is instant push with Gmail, so you'll get your messages as soon as they hit.

Hopefully RIM and gmail fix the IMAP delay soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 06:52 PM
    With Gmail IMAP, you can expect a delay of about 10-20 minutes to receive your mail. When I had it setuo as IMAP, it started out being pushed instantly, but after a while I started to have the delay. One remedy is to switch from IMAP to POP in gmail settings. Once this is done, you will have to delete your gmail address thru BIS and re-set it by just entering your gmail address and password, not by doing the steps to set it up as IMAP. With POP, messages won't show as read in your physical inbox if you read them on your BB, but you can delete them and it will register on both ends. POP is instant push with Gmail, so you'll get your messages as soon as they hit.

Hopefully RIM and gmail fix the IMAP delay soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am not happy about this AT all. Why is this so hard. Eversince I got IMAP it's slow and delayed.
    Does it work better with the gmail app? I don't like that as much as the native blackberry interface.
    03-22-09 10:28 PM
    Now that BIS 2.6 is there.. the problem should be fixed...

You need to log into BIS, delete your old gmail account, and add it again normaly.
    03-22-09 10:31 PM
    Now that BIS 2.6 is there.. the problem should be fixed...

You need to log into BIS, delete your old gmail account, and add it again normaly.
    Do you have to do anything on the BB? I deleted via PC on BIS Site and re-added. Still doesn't seem to be any faster and I see no settings for changing Sig. on the BB. I resent service books and did a hard reset.
    03-23-09 03:17 PM
    Do you have to do anything on the BB? I deleted via PC on BIS Site and re-added. Still doesn't seem to be any faster and I see no settings for changing Sig. on the BB. I resent service books and did a hard reset.
    How did you did you add your gmail using the IMAP trick or not?

To make it work, you should just put your email/password without the IMAP trick.
    03-23-09 03:32 PM
    How did you did you add your gmail using the IMAP trick or not?

To make it work, you should just put your email/password without the IMAP trick.
    That's what I did, no tricks.
    03-23-09 03:34 PM
    how are you supposed to change your sig from the BB?
    03-23-09 03:34 PM
    I did not do anything more, and everything works fine here. I'm getting my email instantly.

For the sig, I can't see it either on the wap bis site, but I do get the option to show my password when I add a new email.
    03-23-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD