Hey guys so I have read all your notes on gmail..i am still confused I dont know why I am able to email myself on my computer, but it does not send to my phone. I cannot email myself period. nothing. i have 3 gmails, one for work, one person and another one for another site i work for. so if i see a great clip..i cant email it, i have to mix my accounts to get it. this is messing me up. I have tried the bbc ing my self on BIS and on gmail account settings, gmail wont let me bbc myself so now..im just so confused. I need this fixed this is nuts.
    01-29-10 01:27 PM
    I think gmail disabled the feature of emailing yourself period
    01-29-10 03:15 PM
    After trying gmail for awhile, I gave up and deleted it. I could never get it to work right and actually my regular email and blackberry email work great on the BB and I just use the BB desktop to back up my cell files about every month or so.
    01-29-10 05:17 PM
    I just went into my messages folder on my Tour, clicked Compose Email, chose send using Gmail account sent to the same Gmail account, and just added "test" to the subject line and put "test email FROM gmail TO gmail account" in the body of the message and hit send. I then pressed and held the BB menu key on my tour, chose GMAIL app, hit refresh, and there is the email that I just sent. So, apparently it works just fine.

I even replied from the gmail app, and it showed up in my messages folder, then from there again, forwarded the email back to gmail, and sure enough it showed up in my gmail.
    Last edited by google123; 01-31-10 at 01:25 AM.
    01-31-10 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD