I bought an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9000 online, and everything is working great except for one thing. I can make and receive calls, send texts, browse the web and everything, but when i go to Email Setup it prompts me to set up a Blackberry Enterprise email account, and gives me no other option. I assume that at some point this unit was connected to a BES server, and I want to know how to remove this frustration. I've tried upgrading and downgrading the OS various times, I've gone through the steps to remove the IT Policy and nothing seems to work.

Please help fellow Crackberry Addicts!
    01-03-10 01:54 PM
    if there is no option for anything other than bes, have you created a bis account for the device??? once a bis account is created., register the device, options>adv options>host routing table>blackberry key>register now. one this is performed your bes options will be removed and you should be able to set up your personal email throught the set up wizard. let me know if that works, cheers.
    01-03-10 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    How would I go about creating a bis account?
    01-03-10 02:03 PM
    *bump bump*
    Please help, I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working. Any true blackberry geniuses out there?
    01-05-10 12:40 PM
    go here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=tmobile and create a bis account
    01-05-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD