I am going insane because of two newly occuring issues, about 1 month ago my desktop manager just decided not to work altogether...i click the shortcut and nothing, i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, i have downloaded 4.5 and it still wont work. WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Second, the other day my Curve stopped reading my Media Card, i lost all my songs, pics, etc...i checked the card to make sure it was secured properly in the correct port and all

I have done all the easy things to fix the issues i could think of but nothing, anyone have any remedies??? please im losing my mind and all respect for my BB!!!!
    07-20-08 11:13 PM
    Have you tried opening DM by pressing the Start button > Programs > BlackBerry > DM?

What is the computer OS?
    07-20-08 11:20 PM
    yea ive tried start>programs and i believe its the 4.2 version

i dowloaded 4.5 but it wouldnt open
    07-20-08 11:26 PM
    Has your phone incurred any water damage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 11:27 PM
    Did you reboot your PC after uninstalling DM?

As to your media card, do you use the "safely remove hardware" option on your PC before pulling the USB cord out?
    07-21-08 01:10 AM
    hi,
    i was wondering how do i pass a picture to my computer?
    i would really want to know thank u!
    07-21-08 12:22 PM
    ok....I am obviously too dumb and too old to do this. All I am tryiing to do is to get voice mail. I dial either 1 or 86. The lady's voice tells me to 'enter my password", which the store put in for me (helpfully). I cannot "put in my password." Why? The entire screen of numbers has disappeared. I cannot get it/them back in time to 'put in my password." HOW DO I GET MY NUMBERS BACK? They are obscured by some crap I did not ask for and do not want. I don't know if I am getting messages or not, and, furthermore, it looks as if the printed out ones are there for the whole world to see. I want to be able to keep them for me and me only and to 'delete," which also seems difficult.
    02-23-09 10:11 PM
    ok....I am obviously too dumb and too old to do this. All I am tryiing to do is to get voice mail. I dial either 1 or 86. The lady's voice tells me to 'enter my password", which the store put in for me (helpfully). I cannot "put in my password." Why? The entire screen of numbers has disappeared. I cannot get it/them back in time to 'put in my password." HOW DO I GET MY NUMBERS BACK? They are obscured by some crap I did not ask for and do not want. I don't know if I am getting messages or not, and, furthermore, it looks as if the printed out ones are there for the whole world to see. I want to be able to keep them for me and me only and to 'delete," which also seems difficult.
    You need to click the left most icon on the screen (lower left) to bring back the numbers.
    02-23-09 11:14 PM
    my pc will not open OTA links, where can i get the jad jar files for free for my pc???
    03-24-09 02:53 PM
    JAD/JAR files are for OTA only. For the PC/DM (desktop manager) installs you need .alx/.cod

What are you trying to install?

For OTA browse from your phone to the link that has the (jad/jar) and download, install.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-24-09 at 03:00 PM.
    03-24-09 02:57 PM
    Help also...i have just uploaded MMS on my phone, bc for some reason it did not have it when I recieved the phone and as I loaded the app for it, my phone turned off and now have lost all my contacts is there anyway I can retrieve these? Also as a result it reset all my apps and I have actually lost some of them. What happened to my blackberry and what did I do?
    04-07-09 04:15 PM
    I need help with my cc curve 8330. I try to download themes or ringtones on my media card it won't let me saying file system out of resources when I take my card out it works fine PLEASE HELP

04-30-09 08:46 PM
    I need help with my cc curve 8330. I try to download themes or ringtones on my media card it won't let me saying file system out of resources when I take my card out it works fine PLEASE HELP

Anyone have any idea on this issue? I have a customer having a similar issue and I am trying to figure it out. It is a new phone and a new 4GB memory card (3.6Gb available). When the card is in and you take a picture, it will not save it, stating "file system out of resources". When you try to view the pictures, they do not pull up. But I put the memory card in my Storm and you can view the pictures fine.

Any help would be great.
    05-03-09 11:19 AM
    Second, the other day my Curve stopped reading my Media Card, i lost all my songs, pics, etc...i checked the card to make sure it was secured properly in the correct port and all
    have you checked the card on your computer to see if the media is still on there? maybe the files got erased.

also, try rebooting your phone, my phone once didn't read my memory card and a battery pull cleared it up.
    05-03-09 12:06 PM
    Anyone have any idea on this issue? I have a customer having a similar issue and I am trying to figure it out. It is a new phone and a new 4GB memory card (3.6Gb available). When the card is in and you take a picture, it will not save it, stating "file system out of resources". When you try to view the pictures, they do not pull up. But I put the memory card in my Storm and you can view the pictures fine.

Any help would be great.
    It is possible that the person didn't actually format the card to their Curve. Eventhough it worked in your Storm without formatting, the person still may not have properly formatted the media card in their own Curve.
    05-03-09 12:27 PM

Any help would be great.
    Check the setting under Media / Option. Reserved Picture Memory is likely set to 0Mb.

Next, check Camera / Options. Store Pictures: On Media Card is the prefered setting, if it is Device Memory, there is none reserved. Change it as needed.

Finally, Options / About. If you Device is an 8330 and it has v4.3xx software installed, you have a known bug. When it restarts, it changes the Store Picture back to Device Memory. That has been corrected in v4.5xx software.

I gather you found this old thread by searching. Good use of the tools.

@redsoxrocker, you are replying to a post dated July 08, the member is long gone now.
    05-03-09 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. She will be coming back later and I will check it out again.
    05-03-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";