Long story short I just bought a Blackberry Storm and sold my Blackberry Curve on Craigslist. I did a complete wipe on the phone and thought all was well. The guy I sold it to texted me later in the day and said he was trying to set up his email and it called for a username and password. He stated he couldn't start an email account without these. I played stupid and pretended I didn't know what he was talking about. He texted me an hour or so later and had somehow figured out my username and password that I had used (I don't know how???) He said not to worry that he had deleted my email accounts and reset the username and password. I am worried now because I had my work email on there and I work in a profession that I receive secure emails not intended for the general public. Is there any way this guy could have access to my email accounts? When I bought the Storm we switched from Sprint to Verizon. I know receive the emails on my phone. Should I be worried that he could be receiving my emails on his phone as well? Somebody please help, I need some peace of mind!!! Thanks for your help...
    05-06-09 11:05 PM
    Hard to answer. You should have cleaned out your service books from the Curve before selling it.
    05-06-09 11:37 PM
    Did you log in to your BIS website for Sprint and remove the Curve's PIN number associated with your email accts prior to selling it?

If you did, then you have nothing to worry about. If you didn't, do it now. And change your password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 11:39 PM
    It is possible that he called the carrier and had the PIN released himself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 01:22 AM
    Long story short I just bought a Blackberry Storm and sold my Blackberry Curve on Craigslist. I did a complete wipe on the phone and thought all was well. The guy I sold it to texted me later in the day and said he was trying to set up his email and it called for a username and password. He stated he couldn't start an email account without these. I played stupid and pretended I didn't know what he was talking about. He texted me an hour or so later and had somehow figured out my username and password that I had used (I don't know how???) He said not to worry that he had deleted my email accounts and reset the username and password. I am worried now because I had my work email on there and I work in a profession that I receive secure emails not intended for the general public. Is there any way this guy could have access to my email accounts? When I bought the Storm we switched from Sprint to Verizon. I know receive the emails on my phone. Should I be worried that he could be receiving my emails on his phone as well? Somebody please help, I need some peace of mind!!! Thanks for your help...

all you have to do is log into the BIS for sprint and change the password and delete the email accounts if its still active...

also I would recommend changing the password on your works email.

the BIS will not be able to access the account if the password is changed..
    05-07-09 02:22 AM
    You should also make your business IT department know that you had a breach of security in the event of an outside audit (I'm not sure what you do or who you work for but if you work for a government agency or other security conscious industry and they find out after the fact, it is embarassing and potentially very bad for the company.)
    05-07-09 06:34 PM
    This actually happened to me (as a buyer of a used Curve). I don't remember now how it happened that the personal information came over. I certainly didn't have the former owner's login and password. Next thing I knew 6 email accounts not mine were loading.

I called Verizon and she basically reset it. I was then able to login and designate the PIN to me and my email.

Not everyone is honest...unfortunately you can't trust that they really did delete the information. I know that's what I did, but I wouldn't assume they did it. If I were in your shoes I would approach it that they have your information already.
    05-07-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD