Something horrible happened and I remember seeing a solution but 30 minutes of goggling brings no answers. So here is the story:

Broken Blackberry curve, dead and gone. I did back up my contacts and they rest happily in my laptops desktop manager for blackberry. I cannot afford to purchase a new blackberry atm so I am stuck.

Is there a way to get the back up transfered over to any format that I can read and copy my contacts? I thought I heard of software that would turn it into a text file but cant remember. Please help me. Even if its to break my heart and say no. I just dont want to keep looking and feeling this frustrated
    01-02-09 01:01 AM
    Do you not have Outlook installed on your PC?

If so, go Outlook and then click contacts. Hopefully they are all there.
    01-02-09 01:05 AM
    nope only 6 I never syncd it or set it up that way. those contacts I put there
    01-02-09 01:06 AM
    when I had this problem I disinstalled and re-installed
    then I pluged it up and it worked
    01-02-09 01:10 AM
    when I had this problem I disinstalled and re-installed
    then I pluged it up and it worked
    The issue is that the berry is dead.
    01-02-09 01:10 AM
    Easiest solution is to have someone backup their berry and then you can borrow it, restore and then sync the contacts to outlook.

01-02-09 01:14 AM
    hmmm yeah the blackberry is dead. wont turn on nothing works I need to be able to use the back up file and open it to read contacts. I dont need e-mail just the contacts
    01-02-09 01:20 AM
    01-02-09 09:27 AM
    dont know about this particular program, but i LOVE Amber software. their LIT to (whatever) program works like a charm.
    01-02-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD