http://www.androidcentral.com/google...erry-gmail-app

does this mean i will not be able to get gmail on my blackberry other than through the browser?
    11-08-11 05:48 PM
    You can get gmail pushed to your Blackberry, no problem.
    cgood8 likes this.
    11-08-11 05:50 PM
    Oh, just read the article. Now I'm confused!
    11-08-11 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the quick response!!
    11-08-11 05:53 PM
    I wonder if this just means the gmail app for BlackBerry. Hopefully we can still get push gmail. I never used the gmail app on my BB anyway.
    11-08-11 05:54 PM
    This is really the gist of that article which is now on the front page of CB.com...

Beginning November 22, 2011, we will end support for the Gmail App for Blackberry (installed native app). Over this past year, we've focused efforts onbuilding a great Gmail experience in the mobile browser and will continue investing in this area.

Users may continue to use the app, if installed, however it will not be supported by Google, or available for download starting November 22. BlackBerry users can continue to access Gmail through the mobile web app at http://www.gmail.com in their BlackBerry web browser.

Hope this handles the confusion which I don't really see any.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 05:56 PM
    So google will stop IMAP support for BlackBerry? Oh, well. Time to delete google (or just set it up to forward). I hardly use it anyway.
    11-08-11 05:57 PM
    Well Phil Nickinson, HATES BlackBerry so his writing is BAD,

Basically Google will no longer make support the gmail app, so your enhanced gmail is no longer supported
    BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail� Plug-In

but regular push with BIS is still available
    JR A likes this.
    11-08-11 05:57 PM
    I wonder if this just means the gmail app for BlackBerry. Hopefully we can still get push gmail. I never used the gmail app on my BB anyway.
    Chrisy and CG811... Just like I posted below it simply means that after Nov 22nd you cannot DL or Google will not support it anymore, although if you have it installed you can still use it!
    11-08-11 05:58 PM
    Thanks for clarifying this.
    11-08-11 05:59 PM

Basically Google will no longer make support the gmail app, so your enhanced gmail is no longer supported
    BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail™ Plug-In

Ok, thanks. I was still confused. What features will be lost without the plugin? It does suck. I won't be able to DL it when I go back to BB.
    11-08-11 05:59 PM

BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail� Plug-In

Correst, same this I just posted. It is again as i said right on the front of CB and reads pretty simple. BIS is not affected on BBs native email if you have a gmail acct. as many of us do for push.
    11-08-11 06:01 PM
    Ok, thanks. I was still confused. What features will be lost without the plugin? It does suck. I won't be able to DL it when I go back to BB.
    Not unless you get a new one before the 22nd...
    Personally I always hated the enhanced plugin and removed it from my BB Tour same as I did with my 9930.
    11-08-11 06:03 PM
    I can't remember if I used it or not! As long as option to set up gmail directly on the BB as push, I'm good. Thanks guys!
    11-08-11 06:05 PM
    So google will stop IMAP support for BlackBerry? Oh, well. Time to delete google (or just set it up to forward). I hardly use it anyway.
    If you go into your gmail acct. on the web if you have a gmaiol acct. you will see that BB was never supported by Google for IMAP. You could set it up that way as I have but they claim no BB support. This really meant nothing to me as I Have never had any problems with my gmail especially since I removed the enhanced plugin that I never cared for.
    11-08-11 06:07 PM
    I can't remember if I used it or not! As long as option to set up gmail directly on the BB as push, I'm good. Thanks guys!

Chances are you never used it, unless you need access to really old gmail emails, really it was a pain, the great thing about BlackBerry is the universal inbox, the enhanced plug in made it more like the Android/iOS multi inbox experience

(side note I have not touched the gmail plug in since my Tour in the fall of 2009)
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 06:09 PM
    Ok, I didn't use it then. I always delete mail older than a week.
    11-08-11 06:11 PM
    The plugin will still be there. This is just the actual gmail application. Most people probably didn't even know it existed.

Anyways who cares. Just one piece of spyware being removed from blackberry.
    11-08-11 06:16 PM
    Yes no big loss, nothing to see here folks...go to your homes :-/

CS
    11-08-11 06:33 PM
    Over this past year, we've focused efforts onbuilding a great Gmail experience in the mobile browser and will continue investing in this area.
    Interesting, considering that Google released a Gmail app for iOS not even a week ago: Gmail app on iPad and iPhone hands-on (video) -- Engadget

IMO, the device's native experience is better anyway.
    11-08-11 07:09 PM
    The Gmail app for BlackBerry was not really good anyhow. Thanks Google. Better to not have it than to not even make an effort. At least now no one will waste time with it.

This has nothing to with Gmail access using the native BB email app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD