Attention ladies and all cell phone users. If you or your daughter, mom ,grandmother or anyone has this habit, especially given the fact that cell phones have gotten larger and the trend is now no holsters, it is especially dangerous for young teens to store the phone there. For those who argue that the cell phone cannot do harm, please note that ALL manufacturers recommend not to keep any device less than half an inch from the body. The risk of cancer is great, especially with the teen population. Pass this along please.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 08-26-14 at 01:41 PM.
    93Aero, KDB84, potatoguy and 4 others like this.
    08-26-14 01:19 PM
    Attention ladies and all cell phone users. If you or your daughter, mom ,grandmother or anyone has this habit, especially given the fact that cell phones have gotten larger and the trend is now no holsters, it is especially dangerous for young teens to store the phone there. For those who argue that the cell phone cannot do harm, please note that ALL manufacturers recommend not to keep any device more than half an inch from the body. The risk of cancer is great, especially with the teen population. Pass this along please.

Posted via CB10
    A good warning but I think you meant not to keep any device "less" that 1/2 inch from the body or perhaps you meant you should always keep your devices more than 1/2 inch from the body.
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    08-26-14 01:33 PM
    Totally wasn't expecting this after reading the title. lol

Likewise, probably best to use a holster when possible and not to put it in your pocket. And also, never sleep with it beside your head.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:37 PM
    Yup, another reason to use a holster, in addition to its function.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z30
    slagman5 and Omahahaha like this.
    08-26-14 01:40 PM
    A good warning but I think you meant not to keep any device "less" that 1/2 inch from the body or perhaps you meant you should always keep your devices more than 1/2 inch from the body.
    Thanks fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:42 PM
    Holster is the way to protect. Also use hands free as much as possible. Brain tumors are becoming common in young adults, but you will never hear this discussed. However, I believe high cell usage is a factor.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-26-14 01:46 PM
    Stick to tissues only!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:53 PM
    pretty sure putting the phone in my front or back pockets makes the phones close to the skin.
    08-26-14 02:58 PM
    I keep my phone in my purse. Or in a jacket pocket, if I'm not carrying a purse. Do people really stuff phones in their bras? That would be horribly uncomfortable...

Anyways...

The electromagnetic radiation that comes out of your cellphone is the non-ionizing kind of radiation. Meaning it's nothing like the boo-scary nuclear radiation that people think of when they think of scary radiation.

Are you sure cellphone 'radiation' is all that dangerous? What about people with bluetooth headphone thingies in their ear all day long? What about the WiFi in your laptop, if you're using that while it's perched on your lap?

I'm not saying that radio-wave radiation isn't dangerous, but at the milliwatt and microwatt power levels in cellphones, it seems pretty unlikely to me. I've had an RF burn once, accidentally touched a base-station antenna while it was transmitting at about 15 watts. It was like my hand got all tingly and warm... but that was direct skin contact onto a bare metal antenna running at about a thousand times more power than a cellphone.
    JeepBB, shupor, webmn and 1 others like this.
    08-26-14 03:12 PM
    Attention ladies and all cell phone users. If you or your daughter, mom ,grandmother or anyone has this habit, especially given the fact that cell phones have gotten larger and the trend is now no holsters, it is especially dangerous for young teens to store the phone there. For those who argue that the cell phone cannot do harm, please note that ALL manufacturers recommend not to keep any device less than half an inch from the body. The risk of cancer is great, especially with the teen population. Pass this along please.

Posted via CB10
    Especially the Passport with its sharp corners.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-26-14 03:33 PM
    Yeah, radiation... might be one reason not to do that.
    The main reason to please not do this is that it just looks cheap.
    08-26-14 03:37 PM
    I keep my phone in my purse. Or in a jacket pocket, if I'm not carrying a purse. Do people really stuff phones in their bras? That would be horribly uncomfortable...

Anyways...

The electromagnetic radiation that comes out of your cellphone is the non-ionizing kind of radiation. Meaning it's nothing like the boo-scary nuclear radiation that people think of when they think of scary radiation.

Are you sure cellphone 'radiation' is all that dangerous? What about people with bluetooth headphone thingies in their ear all day long? What about the WiFi in your laptop, if you're using that while it's perched on your lap?

I'm not saying that radio-wave radiation isn't dangerous, but at the milliwatt and microwatt power levels in cellphones, it seems pretty unlikely to me. I've had an RF burn once, accidentally touched a base-station antenna while it was transmitting at about 15 watts. It was like my hand got all tingly and warm... but that was direct skin contact onto a bare metal antenna running at about a thousand times more power than a cellphone.
    Yes this is the new trend especially amongst the youth, there are new stats showing that the "low level" that you say has no effect, actually is causing cancers, please don't be ambivalent to this message, a colleagues daughter was diagnosed with this, I was informed the radiation exposure from the device over prolong periods was the assumed cause, as the child is still growing the tissue is more susceptible and puts the child at greater risk. The child had been storing the phone there for a few years when hanging out, the cancer developed exactly on the area. Yes also please avoid prolonged use of blue tooth headsets etc. This Technology wasn't widely around when we were youths, this is the first generation actually growing up with it.

Posted via CB10
    akavbb, Playbook007 and bennelong like this.
    08-26-14 03:40 PM
    all that, and it's incredibly tacky...
    Omahahaha likes this.
    08-26-14 03:44 PM
    Yes this is the new trend especially amongst the youth, there are new stats showing that the "low level" that you say has no effect, actually is causing cancers, please don't be ambivalent to this message, a colleagues daughter was diagnosed with this, I was informed the radiation exposure from the device over prolong periods was the assumed cause, as the child is still growing the tissue is more susceptible and puts the child at greater risk. The child had been storing the phone there for a few years when hanging out, the cancer developed exactly on the area. Yes also please avoid prolonged use of blue tooth headsets etc. This Technology wasn't widely around when we were youths, this is the first generation actually growing up with it.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you could post some evidence based information you have read so people really understand the harm it can do.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    08-26-14 03:44 PM
    Maybe you could post some evidence based information you have read so people really understand the harm it can do.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    Breast surgeons in the USA have raised concerns about how some women carry their cell phones in a brief paper which outlines four cases of breast cancer in young women who kept their phones in their bra for up to ten hours a day.

All patients regularly carried their smartphones directly against their breasts in their brassieres for up to 10 hours a day, for several years, and developed tumors in areas of their breasts immediately underlying the phones,? the paper published in Case Reports in Medicine in August said.

This is a growing trend. Studies are continuing. I just got this news today, I am just checking and it IS a big concern. Even Dr. OZ has voiced concerns

http://www.examiner.com/article/dr-o...t-cancer-risks

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:57 PM
    Totally wasn't expecting this after reading the title. lol

Likewise, probably best to use a holster when possible and not to put it in your pocket. And also, never sleep with it beside your head.

Posted via CB10
    You said it. I'm here only because I was expecting a picture demonstration of a device stored in and out of a bra lol

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:02 PM
    I would look very strange with M8 or Z10 shaped tatas.
    08-26-14 04:12 PM
    Why aren't there a huge number of cancers from men who keep their cell phones in their shirt pockets. Dr Oz says alot of crap and hawks crap for money. Single case studies do not prove causation.'

No, carrying your cell phone in your bra will not cause breast cancer, no matter what Dr. Oz says
    Last edited by Ment; 08-26-14 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added link to rebuttal to Dr Oz episode.
    bibbula, 21stNow, JeepBB and 5 others like this.
    08-26-14 04:12 PM
    So I guess pockets are out of the question. There is no solid evidence that proves your statement that cell phones cause cancer.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and southlander like this.
    08-26-14 04:14 PM
    Why aren't there a huge number of cancers from men who keep their cell phones in their shirt pockets. Dr Oz says alot of crap and hawks crap for money. Single case studies do not prove causation.'

No, carrying your cell phone in your bra will not cause breast cancer, no matter what Dr. Oz says
    Are your tissues now on formation? Are you in the at risk group? Please don't be silly, even the Cancer Society has not been as dismissive of this.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:32 PM
    I would look very strange with M8 or Z10 shaped tatas.
    Or Note 4.
    08-26-14 04:38 PM
    Are your tissues now on formation? Are you in the at risk group? Please don't be silly, even the Cancer Society has not been as dismissive of this.

Posted via CB10
    There is no risk group as there are no studies that prove cell phones as the proximal cause of breast cancers. Read my link it goes step by step by each part of Dr Oz show and also goes into the 'evidence' and why its bunk.
    08-26-14 04:47 PM
    There is no risk group as there are no studies that prove cell phones as the proximal cause of breast cancers. Read my link it goes step by step by each part of Dr Oz show and also goes into the 'evidence' and why its bunk.
    Please have a read :
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...fety-tips.aspx

"Like many people, Dr. Davis just didn't believe the possibility of cell phones being dangerous?until she studied it. And now, with the toxicological and epidemiological evidence to back up her claims, she's trying to get the word out that cell phone radiation is not only dangerous, but can be downright lethal".

This was out there awhile now. I didn't know of this but suspected that the cell phone has the potential.my colleagues 19 year was just diagnosed, hence my post. The more time passes we will be seeing more of this.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:59 PM
    Please don't carry your phones in your bra.-joeybra.jpg.cf.jpg
    Please don't carry your phones in your bra.-335832439_cell_phone_in_bra_breast_cancer_xlarge.png.cf.jpg

Posted via CB10 with my z30
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-26-14 05:04 PM
    Especially the Passport with its sharp corners.

Q10, N5, N10.
    Just curious, have you even seen the Passport live? If no, how do you know that the Passport has sharp corners?
    08-26-14 05:15 PM
179 123 ...