Easy fix would be to make them visible with a swipe up when you're on the Active Frames page, or the apps pages. Right now, the swipe up doesn't do a whole lot when you're on those pages. I know they reveal the message counts, etc, but maybe a quick swipe up could bring up the bottom bar, and a more full, or half swipe up would show the notifications also.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-23-14 08:50 AM
    This is not an issue for me. Yes, I have accidentally launched each if them at some point in time but then, I've accidentally launched the regular icons too so it's not a problem for me.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    05-23-14 08:54 AM
    I definitely agree with the double tap idea. In fact it's what I suggested many months ago in the Beta Zone.

I think the buttons are useful but even I have accidently opened the camera and the phone app. A double tap wouldn't take any more time and would stop the accidental openings of these apps.

Posted via CB10
    How about a tap and hold? Like the camera icon on the lockscreen? When you tap and hold it shows an icon loading just to make sure... but I guess some people would see this as lag or unnecessary animation

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:17 PM
    BlackBerry can't customize everything cause 2 customers want it to be so, it's a lot of work for the people working on the OS.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think many people understand the work that goes into customization. For everything they have people want customization. Hub should be separated into separate email icon, active frames page should be removable, icons should be removable, font, themes, icons, keyboard font,... everything
    My favorite is the blue accent should customizable..but that's me

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    05-23-14 03:21 PM
    I would do away with the bottom row if I could.

If it's not made an option then I wish someone could develop an app to make those icons passcode protected.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    05-23-14 04:02 PM
    I have the same problem, especially when using my left hand for moving around, very often the phone app is started. A one second delay option would be great, or with a slider from 0 to x seconds.
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-23-14 04:08 PM
    The comments on this thread is all great but unless this can be directed towards the folks who make the decisions on future software changes, what's the point? Does someone at Blackberry read these post?

Sent using the CB Forum app
    They don't read them or they don't care. Good point. Think the posts are more just to vent frustrations.

Good point though.

05-23-14 04:25 PM
    I have the same problem, especially when using my left hand for moving around, very often the phone app is started. A one second delay option would be great, or with a slider from 0 to x seconds.
    Oh man. Slider is the holy grail. <3

05-23-14 04:27 PM
    I LOVE these icons and have never accidentally pocket dialed or whatever from setting my phone down.

I would hate to have these shortcuts removed as they they make it so convenient to access my phone, camera, and search from any screen. It would be a pain in the **** and take up 3 unnecessary app icon placeholders to use for them instead.

Keep this the way it is BlackBerry!
    Or maybe make an option to disable it if it really is such a big problem for some people who may be a bit clumsy, forget to lock their phone or whatever the problem is...

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Clumsy? Forgetful?

Really?

Geesshh....

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    05-23-14 06:48 PM
    Others don't seen to have problem with that. And those buttons are there for a reason. You bought that phone, learn to live with those

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    And I may not buy one again if the option to turn them off is not present.

Live with that!

05-23-14 06:50 PM
    Clumsy? Forgetful?

Really?

Geesshh....

I can count on one finger how many times I've accidentally opened the camera, and I've never called someone by mistake (opened the phone app once or twice maybe?) and never the search button...
    I always lock my phone when I set it down though. Saves battery to shut off the screen right away as well.

I can't count how many times I use all those icons on purpose to save time though. Very very useful! It would be such a pain not to have them always so easily accessible.

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-23-14 07:08 PM
    I can count on all my fingers, they are very loyal and dependable!

Priceless! Made by day

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    05-24-14 05:49 AM

Live with that!

I can live with it. No one is begging you to. The point i: you knew what you were buying before buying it

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 08:11 AM

Live with that!

Goodbye, we won't be missing you.

Posted via CB10
    Kaustubh Gohokar likes this.
    05-24-14 08:51 AM

Live with that!

They *will* live with that. They like it that BlackBerry is dying. They don't care if you or anyone else is happy. They don't want innovation or modernization. Instead, they want people to get frustrated and jump off the dying, stinking, rotting, corpse that is BlackBerry. Think of vultures circling in the sky. Old Turkey Buzzards.

Don't let them scare you off. Stay with BlackBerry and point out its flaws in hopes that someone will listen.

It's people like you who actually care about the company. Not the "yes men" who think BlackBerry can do no wrong.

A lot of us kept complaining about no call blocking. Finally they are doing something about it. Stay and help complain about the ridiculous accidental phone calls and pictures taking so maybe they fix this too. Stay and complain about the contacts app.

The people telling you to go are like EB Farnum from "Deadwood".

Last edited by Doggerz; 05-24-14 at 09:35 AM.
    05-24-14 09:20 AM
    They will live with that. They like it that BlackBerry is dying man. They don't want BlackBerry to make you or anyone else happy. They don't want innovation or modernization. Instead they want people to get frustrated and jump off the dying stinking rotting corpse that is BlackBerry. They are vultures circling in the sky. Old Turkey Buzzards.

Don't let them scare you off. Stay with BlackBerry and point out its flaws in hopes that someone will listen.

It's people like you who actually care about the company. Not the "yes men" who think BlackBerry can do no wrong.

A lot of us kept complaining about no call blocking. Finally they are doing something about it. Stay and help complain about the ridiculous accidental phone calls and pictures taking so maybe they fix this too. Stay and complain about the contacts app.

Who should BlackBerry listen to? Those that just want an all touch phone? Those who want a new BBOS phone? Those who want a slider? Those who do not think that the return of the tool belt is a good thing
    ? Those who only want BBW to carry native BBW apps? The complete list of all the points of disagreement is almost endless.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and spikesolie like this.
    05-24-14 09:36 AM
    They *will* live with that. They like it that BlackBerry is dying. They don't care if you or anyone else is happy. They don't want innovation or modernization. Instead, they want people to get frustrated and jump off the dying, stinking, rotting, corpse that is BlackBerry. Think of vultures circling in the sky. Old Turkey Buzzards.

And it's people like you that think everything can be customized and has an option to turn it off, you don't know **** about what the OS developers go through to make one option, BlackBerry is not making an OS to please everyone, everything has its good and bad side, if you can't get over the fact that the bottom bar can't be hidden then go find another OS, simple as that!

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    05-24-14 09:47 AM
    I find myself hitting those button once in awhile by accident too but that doesn't bother me that much. If those buttons are not there will probably bother me more. Maybe BlackBerry can program it so you need to hold down on the button for at least 1 or 2 seconds before it activate the apps. That might solve the issue. Idk, just my 2 cents.

posted via CB10 using my awesome Z10 keyboard
    05-24-14 10:13 AM
    I use all three all the time...and why would anyone not? those are probably half the reason why people use their phones...
    And i probably never have hit them accidently .
    And someone please explain to me how can you hit them accidently.
    I can't think of any better place for those buttons

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 10:17 AM
    I find myself hitting those button once in awhile by accident too but that doesn't bother me that much. If those buttons are not there will probably bother me more. Maybe BlackBerry can program it so you need to hold down on the button for at least 1 or 2 seconds before it activate the apps. That might solve the issue. Idk, just my 2 cents.

posted via CB10 using my awesome Z10 keyboard
    That's what I'm saying too. On the lockscreen holding the camera icon for 2 seconds shows a loading icon before the camera opens just to confirm. They could do something similar. Or maybe a flick up on the icon opens it. But to say get rid of it? What?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 11:27 AM
    And it's people like you that think everything can be customized and has an option to turn it off, you don't know **** about what the OS developers go through to make one option, BlackBerry is not making an OS to please everyone, everything has its good and bad side, if you can't get over the fact that the bottom bar can't be hidden then go find another OS, simple as that!

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother. Not just the huge amount of headache with customization (which includes making sure some thing else isn't broken. ) but the increasingly large OS file that would create.. the more feature rich the OS gets the more customization people demand the bigger it gets.

I remember when I was coding my first professional website. Worst headache ever. Adding hex codes for one header could end up overriding another header rule I had before. Fix one thing, 2 things break.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and Bbnivende like this.
    05-24-14 11:30 AM
    Don't bother. Not just the huge amount of headache with customization (which includes making sure some thing else isn't broken. ) but the increasingly large OS file that would create.. the more feature rich the OS gets the more customization people demand the bigger it gets.

I remember when I was coding my first professional website. Worst headache ever. Adding hex codes for one header could end up overriding another header rule I had before. Fix one thing, 2 things break.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, I wish people would understand that!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 01:44 PM
    What a bunch of snarky, smartasses here! The arrogance of some posters is unbelievable. Someone says they don't like the placement of the phone, camera and search buttons, and they get belittled. Well, I wish they could be removed at my discretion too. Furthermore, I don't give a rat's behind who disagrees with me. Some of you here think everyone must conform to what YOU think. Those of you who can't seem to allow others their opinions should go **** yourselves!

Posted using my Z10
    Doggerz and JBryden like this.
    05-24-14 02:36 PM
    Replace icons with trackpad.

/thread
    05-24-14 03:57 PM
    Agree with OP. Constantly making unintended call or starting camera by mistake. If I were king, I'd make them double tap, put a two second delay or remove them completely. Either of the three works for me.

Just finished reading all responses...WTF does it seem every discussion turns into some sort of pissing match! Please lighten up already its Saturday.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    shaleem and Doggerz like this.
    05-24-14 04:32 PM
100 1234