So, I got to play with Q10 for a bit. Keyboard is butter smooth. I didn't think it was possible to make a keyboard better than Bold 9900 but RIM/BlackBerry has done it. They bested their best (Bold 9900) keyboard with Q10. Fits perfectly in my hand. Feels very good. But after having used Z10 for a while, Q10 screen appeared very small. It's just a matter of getting used to it, I guess. Screen is still a lot bigger than Bold 9900 though.

My only gripe is that when I am inside an application (I tested Android ported application from BB World, not sideloaded, but not native either): when you have to go back a screen, you've to do swipe from bottom bezel to left bezel in a diagonal. It misses that swipe many times. I had to do that gesture again and again to get it just right. This could be because smaller Q10 (vs Z10) screen has smaller bezel? I don't know but it's something I'd like to see improved/fixed.

One workaround for that go-back-a-screen gesture is to simply pin the Android-menu bar on the bottom. And then you can just click the button to go back a screen. But that bar takes up screen-space. So, it'd be better if BB somehow figured out how to improve that SWIPE gesture for going back a screen.

Other than that, I am now torn between Z10 and Q10. My plan was to buy Q10 as soon as it's released in market and give my Z10 to somebody else. But now, I don't know. I think I'd be more productive on a Q10 though because of its physical buttons and so many shortcuts they come with. Not only do you get to type faster but also get to use a lot of keyboard shortcuts.I love the keyboard, shortcuts etc. But I am not digging this gesture/swipe issue for going back a screen and also not liking the smaller screen of Q10 (maybe I could possibly get adjusted to that in couple of days).

EDIT:
    1. I also kind of missed the trackpad. Because that makes copy/pasting and other kinds of text-manipulation far more precise and easier. But then again, I only used Q10 for less than an hour so maybe it'd feel alright to use it without trackpad once I get habituated to it.

2. All icons/buttons/form fields appear to be optimized for bigger 4.2 ' screen ( of Z10) instead of 3'ish screen size of Q10 . Because the screen is smaller, I feel, like they should have slightly reduced sizes of buttons, form fields etc. I mean, I think there is room for making things slightly more compact so that it looks better on a smaller Q10 screen. Or again, it might also be case of having gotten used to Z10 sized screen and everything might start to feel natural after using Q10 for couple of days.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 03-01-13 at 11:36 AM.
    03-01-13 10:44 AM
    Well let's see if BlackBerry will improve this on the Q10 since they read these forums.
    03-01-13 10:53 AM
    The smaller bezel was bound to be an issue for the Q10. Hopefully they will bring the responsiveness of this all important bezel gesture up to par before launch. The Dev Alpha had some bezel issues at BlackBerry World and Jam, but the Z10 now performs flawlessly.
    03-01-13 11:04 AM
    It took me a few tries to get the gesture right on the Dev Alpha B, I think it'll be the same with the Q10. You just gotta get the feeling right! I played with a Dev Alpha C at BBJam Europe and felt it was different from the Z10!
    03-01-13 11:09 AM
    This will be a decision that many will be faced with in a couple months.

This is why I hope BB gets their first BB10 slider correct. Best of both worlds
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-01-13 11:10 AM
    This will be a decision that many will be faced with in a couple months.

This is why I hope BB gets their first BB10 slider correct. Best of both worlds
    I can't speak for others, but the key board on my 9810 sucks big time. I found the on screen key board much better.
    03-01-13 11:24 AM
    I can't speak for others, but the key board on my 9810 sucks big time. I found the on screen key board much better.
    The slider keyboards do suck, haha. Try a 9900 and get back to us
    03-01-13 11:38 AM
    How loud were the keys ? I could quietly send an email in a meeting with my 9650, but not the 9930.
    03-01-13 11:43 AM
    How loud were the keys ? I could quietly send an email in a meeting with my 9650, but not the 9930.
    Quiet and butter smooth!
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-01-13 11:50 AM
    The slider keyboards do suck, haha. Try a 9900 and get back to us
    Oh, i tried the 9900 in the store and it was great. I bought into the "best of both worlds" argument and order the 9810 without testing it out for myself in the store first. I think i am going to try to wait for the Q10 to launch since my 9810 is working perfectly fine for now.
    Last edited by WillHeSurvive; 03-01-13 at 04:44 PM.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-01-13 11:55 AM
    Big thanks to the OP for an encouraging, but still honest review. I'm hoping the Q10 is the real deal.
    03-01-13 12:11 PM
    With the enthusiasm of the z10 launch and the confirmed sales figures which surpasses iPhone 5 and Samsung s3, Blackberry should give us a BB "executive pocketbook" - a 6 inch phablet with a pen, and 8 inch playbook based on os10.1. BB is back and should stay competitive.
    03-01-13 12:21 PM
    Oh, i tried the 9900 in the store and it was great. I bought into the "best of both worlds" argument and order the 9810 without testing it out for myself in the store first. I think i am going to try to want for the Q10 to launch since my 9810 is working perfectly fine for now.
    I ended up grabbing a 9800 so I could get os6 right away (I know, that sounds weird now). Like you I just ended up using suretype, but at that point all I had was a super thick, small screen 9860 haha
    03-01-13 02:43 PM
    With the enthusiasm of the z10 launch and the confirmed sales figures which surpasses iPhone 5 and Samsung S3

not sure if serious...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    00stryder and slotime like this.
    03-02-13 04:20 AM
    many thanks for sharing your Q10 experience and thoughts...
    podes2204 likes this.
    03-02-13 05:10 AM
    Interesting . I have a 9800 and a 9860 and much prefer using the 9800's keyboard. Also have a NoTe 2 and still prefer the qwerty keyboard to onscreen tapping. Q10 and Playbook will be a much better fit than Z10. Reviews have confirmed the Q10 is a bigger,better Bold and that's good enough for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    PippinTook likes this.
    03-02-13 06:39 AM
    I agree with u definitely. That's why I didn't get the Torch and instead got the 9900. That keyboard was bad in my opinion. If BB does a BB10 slider, they NEED to get the keyboard right this time
    03-02-13 09:58 AM
    On my torch I hardly ever used the touchscreen, as the reach was uncomfortable with the slider open. My wife hardly ever uses her touchscreen either. Holding judgment until she gets her Q10 :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:31 PM
    The smaller bezel was bound to be an issue for the Q10. Hopefully they will bring the responsiveness of this all important bezel gesture up to par before launch. The Dev Alpha had some bezel issues at BlackBerry World and Jam, but the Z10 now performs flawlessly.
    By looking at pictures of the Q10, I had wondered about the swiping gestures myself.
    03-02-13 05:09 PM
    Thank You So Much!!!
    This is exactly the type of feedback that I like to see when researching.
    I want real use, real feel feedback. The average Joe stuff...
    I am so tired of hearing about specs and comparisons to other platforms.

I really like when you talk about the on-screen icons/buttons/dialogue boxes being a bit too large for the screen.
    I can easily envision something like that because I see some of that on my 9900 with some sites.

I would like to know if it feels durable. I know it's subjective, but I want to know if it feels like it has some "heft" to it.
    The only way to explain it is how the 9900 feels. Not a feather, but also not a total brick in the hand.
    I think you know what I mean. So, how about it???
    podes2204 likes this.
    03-02-13 05:18 PM
    With the enthusiasm of the z10 launch and the confirmed sales figures which surpasses iPhone 5 and Samsung s3
    There are no confirmed sales figures for the Z10 that I am aware of. As far as surpassing other phones like the iPhone 5 and S3:
    -September 24, 2012�Apple today announced it has sold over five million of its new iPhone� 5, just three days after its launch on September 21.
    -�Apple�s iPhone 5 smartphone model shipped an estimated 27.4 million units worldwide during the fourth quarter of 2012,� Strategy Analytics analyst Neil Shah said.
    -Strategy Analytics says Samsung shipped 15.4 million Galaxy S III handsets during the holiday quarter
    Of course the above companies have other phones on the market (eg 17.4 million iP4s shipped over the same period).

Not even the most ardent Blackberry fan expects the Z10 to come close to numbers like that...

Nevermind, I stand corrected.
    03-02-13 05:29 PM
    not sure if serious...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Some retailers have reported the Z10 to be their highest selling phone in the month that BB10 has been out. If you account for the release dates of the iPhone 5 and GSIII, then it is understandable, although still impressive. It is also important to note that these are Canadian retailers, where BlackBerry has always been stronger than the US.
    03-02-13 05:37 PM
    I know everyone is gung ** for the Z10, but I'm holding out for the Q10. Coming back to Blackberry from the iPhone, the Z10 possesses what I wanted to get away from with the iPhone - the touch screen. The Q10 seems to have the best of both worlds. That, and I have Sprint who seems to have no plans to carry the Z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-02-13 09:03 PM
    I know everyone is gung ** for the Z10, but I'm holding out for the Q10. Coming back to Blackberry from the iPhone, the Z10 possesses what I wanted to get away from with the iPhone - the touch screen. The Q10 seems to have the best of both worlds. That, and I have Sprint who seems to have no plans to carry the Z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Fair enough! Full touchscreens aren't for everyone. And it must be a bummer that Sprint only plans to carry the Q10
    ChaoticBlissPA likes this.
    03-02-13 09:11 PM