I purchased a Plantronics 665A Bluetooth Headset two weeks ago. I used it with my Verizon 8830WE, OS 4.2.2.176. I also have a Freedom Keychain 2000 GPS puck paired to my 8830, along with my daughter's phone and my laptop.

The Plantronics 665A worked fine for about a week. Then it started disconnecting randomly while I was sitting at my desk, with my 8830 on the desk, and with no other active BT connections. It progressed to dropping calls when I'd answer a call. I searched the forums and found that some users had the same problem with other headsets, and others had no problems with the Plantronics 665A.

Deleting and re-pairing didn't help. The BT indicator light was on. And the Headset worked fine for about a week before the disconnecting began.

I returned the Plantronics unit today. I'll try another manufacturer. Suggestions welcome.

I'm posting for info for anybody considering buying a bluetooth headset. Of course, your results may be different. My previous Plantronics 320 worked perfectly with my Blackberry 7250.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 10:25 PM
    Hey Jeff,

I have a 665 and have been using it for over a year now on multiple phones, not just my BB. I've never had any problems with it except for the usual static that all BT headsets encounter at some point or another. I've also had my Freedom 2000 and 665 connected at the same time with no problems. Maybe you got a defective unit? Hope you have better luck with your next headset!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-29-08 02:49 PM
    Yeah, maybe I should've just exchanged it. I got it on sale at Best Buy for a significant discount.

Based on positive comments I've seen here, I may try a BlueAnt Z9 next.
    05-29-08 04:29 PM
    That's what was happening with that stupid motorola h700. I was planning on buyig the plantronic discovery 655 tomorrow. Hope i dn't have poblems with that one. I am really tired of bluetooth headsets, but in Chicago you get a ticket if you drive and talk without one.
    05-29-08 04:39 PM
    That's what was happening with that stupid motorola h700. I was planning on buyig the plantronic discovery 655 tomorrow. Hope i dn't have poblems with that one. I am really tired of bluetooth headsets, but in Chicago you get a ticket if you drive and talk without one.
    True that man... you can speed by a Chicago cop going 80 on Wacker Drive and he'll just smile and wave at you but the minute he sees you talking on a cell phone - flip them blue lights on!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-29-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD