Speaking from someone who has the alltel plan mentioned above except I have 1200 minutes, the verizon plan does NOT compare at all no matter which way you look at it.

I get 1200 min, unlimited data, unlimited email, unlimited text incoming and outgoing to whoever no matter what network, unlimited mms, blackberry service and unlimited calling to mobile to mobile and anyone in my my circle 10 no matter what carrier.

How does verizons plan even compare to that?

BTW, I pay $173 a month but I also have two other phone attached to the plan along with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 03:35 PM
    PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry Megabyte Features: Megabyte allowance and charges for kilobytes over the monthly allowance apply to 1xRTT and EV-DO data sessions.... A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.... Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.
    There you go... I win
    07-27-08 03:35 PM
    Yeah and as I already said...that's a stipulation of their UNLIMITED PLAN TOO.

So if we're winning and losing I think I hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.
    Last edited by Super Loopy; 07-27-08 at 03:39 PM.
    07-27-08 03:36 PM
    To get what plans most compares to the plan she currently has it would be the 99.99 rate, most unlimited plans are stipulated to 5GBS anyway, 5 gbs is practically unlimited unless your streaming stuff to your phone 24/7.

I have to agree with loopy, and I've been on verizon website looking

Although Verizon doesnt have that My circle thing, so Im not even sure how to compare.

However if you wanted to switch carriers as 49ways said, sprint might be the way to go with there SEP plan.

But sticking to the TOPIC, you might have to bend a little in terms of plans on verizon, but they shouldnt kick out your plan, you should be grandfathered into I think :-/
    Last edited by morales0416; 07-27-08 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added Notes
    07-27-08 03:38 PM
    I'm just saying that the one you've talked about is different than the Email and Web for Blackberry 29.99/month
    07-27-08 03:41 PM
    While it may be different than the Email and Web for Blackberry 29.99/month, the one I spoke of is in direct comparison to her current plan while yours is not.

And again, the plan you are talking about doesn't have "Unlimited data" either.

The discussion is now completely pointless and the OP has got her answer and then some.
    07-27-08 03:44 PM
    While it may be different than the Email and Web for Blackberry 29.99/month, the one I spoke of is in direct comparison to her current plan while yours is not.

And again, the plan you are talking about doesn't have "Unlimited data" either.

The discussion is now completely pointless and the OP has got her answer and then some.
    Yup, just making it interesting and she wanted some "in comparison" to hers. That doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to keep her exact same plan. I was just giving her some options so save some money. That green stuff is gettin harder and harder to come by these days
    07-27-08 03:50 PM
    wow thanks for the great info. i will definately check it out. any companies other than verizon offer compariable plans?
    07-27-08 03:51 PM
    wow thanks for the great info. i will definately check it out. any companies other than verizon offer compariable plans?
    Sprints Simply Everything PLan (SEP) 99.99 unlimited everything but with sprint the one thing you dont get with the BB is MMS

But Just Make sure you have good coverage in your area
    Last edited by morales0416; 07-27-08 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added Note
    07-27-08 03:53 PM
    NBetty, it sounds like your alltel plan is pretty good. I think Verizon has to honor your existing contract, and will be in breach if they don't. I think my TMo plan is close. I didn't mention that my minutes are actually 2000 split between two lines and our total bill is $145 for two phones - $90 for the Curve and the rest for my wife's Nokia N95 8GB - both with unlimited data and texts. I do like the WiFi feature I'm able to use on my Curve with my home network. That plus the new @home service that will save us $75 off our current landline costs is a nice package (total communication costs went down $75). I'm only bringing my service up bacause you asked about other companies. Like I said, alltel sounds real good, but if you have to switch, TMo might get you close to what you have.

07-27-08 03:55 PM
    Yes, I'm quite impressed with my plan. I also share my minutes with the other two phones on my account. But since we only have two carriers here (other than a smaller local carrier of which hardly no one uses), sprint and alltel, the minutes don't ever go over. Any number not with alltel is put on my circle.

I switched to alltel about 3 months ago and have a 2 year contract with my plan. So at least I know I'll keep my plan for the next 2 years!

07-27-08 05:09 PM
    I don't know if anyone has really helped as i didn't try and read the thread after it appears to have turned into an argument over what is or isn't offered by staying with the carrier that is taking over. So I'll try and offer information about Sprint since I am a customer with them and recent new plans may very well be close to exactly what the OP wants.

For individuals there are Simply everthing plans (SEP). All of them include the following:

Unlimited mobile internet and messaging: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music, Sprint TV�, BlackBerry� Internet Services (BIS), text, pictures, video

Domestic long distance and roaming

900/450 plans: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends

There are 3 SEP plans:

Unlimited anytime minutes: $99.99
    900 anytime minutes: $89.99
    450 anytime minutes: $79.99

The only thing you have currently it appears you won't have is 10 my circle (I don't even know what this is) and you can't send MMS with BBs on sprint for some reason though perhaps that will change but for now nobody knows if or when.

There are also group plans that offer everything the SEP plans offer in the event you have more than one line you want to move over. Each one can have up to 5 lines on the plan. These (Talk/Message/Data Share) are:

1500 anytime minutes: $129.99
    3000 anytime minutes: $169.99

Lines 1-2 included, lines 3-5 are $19.99/line/mo.

I have the 1500 plan with 4 lines and it comes out to about $37 per line before taxes. An excellent value if everyone on the plan is splitting the cost.
    07-27-08 06:21 PM
    Yes, I'm quite impressed with my plan. I also share my minutes with the other two phones on my account. But since we only have two carriers here (other than a smaller local carrier of which hardly no one uses), sprint and alltel, the minutes don't ever go over. Any number not with alltel is put on my circle.

I switched to alltel about 3 months ago and have a 2 year contract with my plan. So at least I know I'll keep my plan for the next 2 years!

I do believe you're right -- you have a contract, . If they break it, dump 'em. Well, I guess dump 'em if you can put up with Sprint, lol. Sometimes if a carrier thinks they're going to lose someone, they'll offer all kinds of great things. I didn't realize you only had a choice between Sprint and Verizon (Alltel) where you are in New Mexico. My wife's family is from Sante Fe and we go there once in a while. Our phones do work in Sante Fe, though. Hmmm. I do think TMo is competitive, but the Alltel plan is really very good if you can keep it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by exelant; 07-27-08 at 06:30 PM.
    07-27-08 06:22 PM
    I do believe you're right -- you have a contract, . If they break it, dump 'em. Well, I guess dump 'em if you can put up with Sprint, lol. Sometimes if a carrier thinks they're going to lose someone, they'll offer all kinds of great things. I didn't realize you only had a choice between Sprint and Verizon (Alltel) where you are in New Mexico. My wife's family is from Sante Fe and we go there once in a while. Our phones do work in Sante Fe, though. Hmmm. I do think TMo is competitive, but the Alltel plan is really very good if you can keep it.

Good luck.

It'd be great if it was as easy as dumping them if they don't honor the contract. My only option would be with sprint and well, I dumped sprint for Alltel when sprint couldn't give me what I was paying for. So basically, I can't go back to sprint because I have unpaid charges with them on 3 lines.

My husband hs At&t through his work in texas. The signal here at home in NM for him bites! He walks around the house and even outside with his head at different odd angles in the hope of getting better signal LOL!

As far as t-mobile, I don't know where the closest area would be who has that carrier.
    07-27-08 10:29 PM
    My husband hs At&t through his work in texas. The signal here at home in NM for him bites! He walks around the house and even outside with his head at different odd angles in the hope of getting better signal LOL!
    I've been there way back in the day when I 1st signed up with sprint there were like the only viable cell provider back when I signed up and were very new in the area at that. You basically couldn't leave the suberbs or ever venture too far out in the suberbs at that. So i would be doing the very thing he did to try and keep a good signal to talk on the phone. I'm sure glad cell service isn't like that today for me. I would have dropped them like a bad habbit if it hadn't changed as quickly as it did. Now I can go just about anywhere in the US and not worry about not being able to use my phone. Along with how good they treat me as a customer has retained me as a customer.
    07-27-08 11:02 PM
    Just wanted to clear up that I am actually right... it is UNLIMITED

I am on the Nationwide plan, and the BIS $29.99 does NOT show on my online account as an option to choose, or an option I am paying for.

Verizon has 3 different data plans

BIS $29.99 for email and web unlimited (the 5G is for tethering)
    10MB for $24.99 for email and web
    BES $44.95 for corporate email and web.

When I went into get my BB, I asked for the BIS $29.99 plan and they put me on the 10MG plan. The person in the store had no clue about the BIS plan.

If you are still not sure you are on the unlimited data plan, when you log into my Verizon and click on the link to check your minutes, you can also check your data usage. If the bar is yellow, that means you don't have unlimited data, if the bar is clear then you have unlimited data and their will be a link to click on to show you how much data you have used to date.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...d-right-50437/
    07-28-08 12:07 AM
    It shouldnt even be about that, and if you read other forums it says the same thing.

There have been several Lawsuits against verizon for mislabeling Unlimited when it what they really mean is use is unlimited until you get to 5gb then we have to slow your connection down because we feel you are abusing our service..........

Lets get back to the topic, the OP wants to know which plan is SIMILAR to the one at hand:

Taken from Verizon Website

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.
    Last edited by morales0416; 07-28-08 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Backing Up Statement
    07-28-08 12:11 AM
    The 5gb is for tethering... that came from a Verizon rep
    07-28-08 12:15 AM
    As far as t-mobile, I don't know where the closest area would be who has that carrier.
    Well there is a feature on the T-Mobile website where you can do a street level personal coverage check ---->here<----- also check to see if the closest retail location to your home is a corporate or indirect dealer franchise. I say this because if you run into any issues and have to do handset exchanges if you purchase through an indirect you have to handle it through them as well as insurance claims since sometimes they use third party insurers other than Asurion (which is used by T-Mobile corporate)...

whatever you decide to do just make sure you do your research and also make sure that if switching carriers will cause you to incur an Early Termination Fee from your provider and calculate that into the cost of switching versus staying where you are.
    07-28-08 12:24 AM
    I don't know if anyone has really helped as i didn't try and read the thread after it appears to have turned into an argument over what is or isn't offered by staying with the carrier that is taking over. So I'll try and offer information about Sprint since I am a customer with them and recent new plans may very well be close to exactly what the OP wants.

For individuals there are Simply everthing plans (SEP). All of them include the following:

Unlimited mobile internet and messaging: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music, Sprint TV�, BlackBerry� Internet Services (BIS), text, pictures, video

Domestic long distance and roaming

900/450 plans: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends

There are 3 SEP plans:

Unlimited anytime minutes: $99.99
    900 anytime minutes: $89.99
    450 anytime minutes: $79.99

The only thing you have currently it appears you won't have is 10 my circle (I don't even know what this is) and you can't send MMS with BBs on sprint for some reason though perhaps that will change but for now nobody knows if or when.

There are also group plans that offer everything the SEP plans offer in the event you have more than one line you want to move over. Each one can have up to 5 lines on the plan. These (Talk/Message/Data Share) are:

1500 anytime minutes: $129.99
    3000 anytime minutes: $169.99

Lines 1-2 included, lines 3-5 are $19.99/line/mo.

I have the 1500 plan with 4 lines and it comes out to about $37 per line before taxes. An excellent value if everyone on the plan is splitting the cost.
    The 450 min a month plan is actually only $69.99 per month.
    07-28-08 02:14 AM
    My circle is really a nifty little feature. There's a 5, 10 and 20. I have the ten which means you can add ten different numbers to it and all calls to and from those numbers are considered mobile to mobile (not counted against your anytime minutes. The numbers can be from any carrier whether it be cellular or landline.

My husband is on a different carrier than I am so he is on my my circle. Without it I would have a HUGE overage every month just talking to him.

07-28-08 02:30 AM
    Same as with TMo, but you only get 5 with TMo.

07-28-08 03:29 AM
    The 5gb is for tethering... that came from a Verizon rep
    If you are talking about the post you quoted just prior to the above post, that was my post and I don't work for Verizon Wireless, just pay them large sums of money each month

07-28-08 03:51 AM
    morales0416, as I already said, it's now a pointless discussion.

I'd just let it go.
    07-28-08 11:31 AM
    I agree with Loopy, this Topic got way off Subject.........tried
    07-28-08 11:40 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD