Hi everybody,
    This has probably been asked before but how can i get the pin released on my bb. i bought it second-hand from an exchange shop so cant get in touch with the previous owner and vodafone refuse to help. Any suggestions will be gratefully received
    07-20-08 04:36 PM
    I am not really sure what you are asking for...

The PIN is device-specific. You cannot change it, etc
    07-20-08 04:38 PM
    I was going to suggest calling you carrier, but you said they refused to help. Other than that, I dont know what to suggest. When I first got my Pearl, I had to call Sprint to get the PIN released.

What was the reason for Vodafone's refusal?

I am not really sure what you are asking for...

The PIN is device-specific. You cannot change it, etc

Mc, the PIN is tied to the person who last had the phone. Currently he cant do anything with it; not even set up BIS.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 07-20-08 at 04:41 PM.
    07-20-08 04:39 PM
    First thing you need to do is verify if that phone was reported lost or stolen. Call your carrier and give them the S/N (option > about). Then take it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 05:01 PM
    nope not stolen. Can with box and allthe bits and thats the only information vodafone would confirm. Said its registered to another account and refused to help me further. Looks like i will have to try and return it if i can to the shop
    07-20-08 05:06 PM
    Tim, can you possibly contact the person you bought it from and have them call the carrier?
    07-20-08 06:04 PM
    no unfortunately. it was bought from a computer and phone exchange shop.
    07-21-08 02:05 PM
    Maybe the exchange shop will have the details of the person they got it from. Long shot but worth a try maybe.
    07-21-08 02:10 PM
    I called ATT and they released the pin for me. I couldn't set up my BIS because they still had his email address registered under this pin. I didn't get a new pin, they just took his name,etc from this pin and allowed me to create me a BIS email address. I had no problems whatsoever when I called!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 02:34 PM
    I found this article and will definitely solve your problem.
    07-11-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD