Hey all- I need some clarification...

1. If you add a contact to BBM via their PIN# do they automatically have yours?

2. If a freak or perv has obtained your PIN and is sending messages, is there a way to block them? (BBM msgs as well as PIN msgs)

I am interested in meeting people and using BBM, but I know that there are weirdos everywhere and want to know the how to break contact with them if necessary! (Based on idea that a PIN cannot be changed on the phone itself)
    05-04-08 06:44 PM
    Question # 1 yes you do. On the contact name click the menu button and select contact info
    05-04-08 06:49 PM
    1- Yes
    2- You might find some third party software to block them down the road, but i dont know of any..

They would have to physically copy your PIN down, if you remove them, it removes you from their device too...
    05-04-08 06:51 PM
    Question #2 I don't know if you can block an individual pin but this thread might be of help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...messages-9034/
    05-04-08 06:54 PM
    Graceless- Think question was misunderstood.....

If I were to add you to BBM via your PIN# (use once thing) would your phone display my PIN if I do not give it to you?
    05-04-08 07:09 PM
    Graceless- Think question was misunderstood.....

If I were to add you to BBM via your PIN# (use once thing) would your phone display my PIN if I do not give it to you?
    Yes. If I accept you and did what I said in my first post I would be able to see your pin
    05-04-08 07:14 PM
    Ahhhh- I get it! Blonde moment LOL. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the explination. I am just being cautious, because I do not need freaks with my PIN
    05-04-08 07:16 PM
    One more thing, the request would come in as a PIN number not a name. You would have to hit open to see the senders message, which hopefully would have a name.
    05-04-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD