05-20-09 01:16 PM
30 12
tools
    I just got my blackberry bold and i added Instant Messaging to my plan which includes BBM, but i can't seem to get it to work. I can't seem to PIN people, I get the "General send failure. Please try again". I've talked to technical support at Rogers and they can't seem to get it to work either. How would i know if the reason its not work is because my pin has been blacklisted ?
    05-17-09 08:46 AM
    Why would your PIN be blacklisted?
    05-17-09 09:34 AM
    I purchased the phone from craiglist so i 'm thinking its a possibility
    05-17-09 10:30 AM
    any suggestions on how i can get my PIN to work ?
    05-17-09 11:18 AM
    PIN can only be sent to other BlackBerry users.
    You will need their PIN number in order for it to work.
    I assume that's the method you're using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 11:32 AM
    have you tried resending your service books
    weird it helped me one time
    05-17-09 11:41 AM
    yes, i'm tryin to PIN a friend of mine and i do have his PIN number
    05-17-09 11:42 AM
    how do i resend my service books ?
    05-17-09 11:43 AM
    what is your pin? i can try to send you a message...
    05-17-09 11:43 AM
    my pin is 208EACD8
    05-17-09 11:54 AM
    I just got my blackberry bold and i added Instant Messaging to my plan which includes BBM, but i can't seem to get it to work. I can't seem to PIN people, I get the "General send failure. Please try again". I've talked to technical support at Rogers and they can't seem to get it to work either. How would i know if the reason its not work is because my pin has been blacklisted ?
    I suspect their is some confusion over your Rogers plan.

If you have the voice and SMS text plan, you can not use BlackBerry Messenger.

If you have the BIS plan, you will have full email, Internet Browser and BlackBerry Messenger.

Check your Rogers statement, which plan are you subscribed too?

If I understand correctly, you have a 8100 Pearl and a Bold. If you can swap over the SIM card and make a phone call, your Bold is unlocked and likley in good conditon.

There is an additional step, you will need to change your device PIN number in your BIS account.

That can be done with the Email Setup Wizard or on a computer at:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers
    05-17-09 12:07 PM
    i can make calls with my bold. I've put my sim in my Pearl and i can PIN people but i can't do it in my bold, so there's something with the actual phone. The plan i have includes Emails and Instant Messaging
    05-17-09 12:17 PM
    my sim in my Pearl and i can PIN people ...
    Excellent, that means you have the correct plan in place.

It is a simple matter to change the PIN number you wish to use, follow the link I edited into the previous post.
    05-17-09 12:23 PM
    i followed the link and tried to create an account and it says "cannot create acct: Your blackberry internet service account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact rogers at 1-866-931-DATA"
    05-17-09 12:27 PM
    That explains why you can't send PIN messages.
    05-17-09 12:29 PM
    what does that message mean ? my rogers acct. isn't suspended
    05-17-09 12:35 PM
    Their computers think differently. The only way to resolve this will be through Customer Service.

The error is specific to your BIS account. I presume you used your Pearl PIN number, the one that is registered now.
    05-17-09 12:38 PM
    If you already had a data plan in place with your Pearl then that is fine. So if you got a Bold off Craig's List and simply put your SIM in a blacklisted phone, the data portion won't work. Someone sold you a perhaps stolen phone that the owner reported and had the PIN blocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 12:39 PM
    no i tried using my bold PIN... I really hope that the pin isn't blacklisted, but is there someone i can call to find out if that's the case
    05-17-09 12:45 PM
    Try it again, but use your registered Pearl PIN number.

Once you have access to your BIS account, you can change the PIN number to your Bold.

is there someone i can call to find out if that's the case ...
    The original carrier has that information. If it not a Rogers device, you will have to track down their customer support.
    05-17-09 12:49 PM
    Also, like one of the previous posts suggested, try using the setup email wizard on the Bold when you insert the SIM. You will most likely have to call customer service, but give that a shot first.
    05-17-09 01:00 PM
    i tried to sign up using my Pearl pin and it says " an account already exists for this blackberry device. Please log in or contact rogers at 1-866-931-DATA". So i tried to click on forgot password and i put my pin in so that it can pin me my password. So it pins my pearl and it says "username and password don't exist. please use your device to access blackberry internet service."
    05-17-09 01:03 PM
    i tried the setup wizard and it didn't help
    05-17-09 01:06 PM
    You are almost there.

I ran into that myself, but the problem was resolved when I use the Email Setup Wizard to create the BIS account.

Make sure create it with your Pearl.
    05-17-09 01:09 PM
    I'll give it a try. Can't do it right now, but i'll give it a try and report back
    05-17-09 01:21 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD