07-09-08 10:10 AM
- I don't use it that much. I only have 2 or 3 people on it and they are people from here. It is nice to use over email if you want to talk and get a maybe faster response than you could from email. To me it is the same as instant messenger that AOL, YAHOO and HOTMAIL offers and I don't use those at all. I myself am 99% an email person or text person.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com07-09-08 03:27 AM
- One difference is that someone must have your PIN to PIN message you, vs. your phone number to SMS text you.
So, only those you gave your PIN to would be able to send you these messages, which be default are Level 1 messages. So, one way you might use them is to only have someone important to you have your PIN and that capability.
Another way to think of it is that Blackberries do something (PIN messages) that others can't, so they also do the older SMS messages so you can communicate with those still in the stone age that do not yet own a Blackberry.
=)07-09-08 03:42 AM
- 07-09-08 04:40 AM
- I would describe PIN Messaging as being like sms between 2 BB's. It is more casual than emailing I find and your message can be as short or as long as you like. I use it all the time and prefer it to BBmessenger. Pin Messaging & BB messenger are not quite the same although both are quick.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com07-09-08 04:48 AM
- DuviRetired ModeratorBtw... maybe it's me, but the PIN messaging is as fast as BB Messenger. I've done a side by side comparison. It is pretty much the same thing, with a pretty interface.
One big difference that I notice a lot of users use PIN messaging over BB Messenger is because the PIN message shows up in red when it's received. No one can say I didn't receive that message, whether BBM is installed or not.
Another reason is the ability to send group PIN Messages without having to start a chat in BBM.
I know a user that uninstalled BBM for room on his BB and only sends PIN Messages.07-09-08 09:00 AM
- The Positives of PIN Messaging:
- With Places like Crackberry, you can give out your PIN # and have SMS like messaging without giving out the phone number.
- You have an endless character limit, as opposed to the 160 set by SMS.
- Can send Quick notes to all you BB pals without using Group Chat on BBM. Especially if it doesnt warrant a Chat Session.
- Better Flexablities
- PIN Messaging is quicker the SMS believe it or not.07-09-08 09:22 AM
- They aren't the same. PIN messages are like creating an email but to a users PIN. In your inbox, it shows the sent message, and will show the D for delivered and R for read just like with BB Messenger. I don't see much benefit for it, however I have one friend who's rate plan doesn't include instant messaging, but he can PIN message me versus using BB messenger which his plan doesn't cover. That's the only time I ever use it. As for BB Messenger though that's the greatest thing EVER, all my friends are on it, I love sending instant pictures and sound files! Plus some users have multiple email addresses, I know all my friends have berries, but I have no idea what email address they have registerred to their phone. Is it their work, home etc. So sending an email doesn't mean that their phone is instantly receiving it versus a PIN message would, but I'd rather just use BB Messenger.07-09-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD