Just for comparison, I thought I would post a few pictures of the 3 side by side. Since pix are worth a 1000 words, I thought people deciding among these devices would find these pix helpful.

Katherine
    07-16-07 11:21 PM
    Kath00,

Extremely nice picture comparison. Im sure itll help
    07-16-07 11:34 PM
    Thanks! The order of the pictures is (left to right) Curve, 8830, Treo; except the last picture where the 8830 is on the left and the Curve is on the right.

I shouldn't have reversed the order there. Sorry. One intersting thing to note is that the curve actually has a slightly larger screen (and definitely brighter) than the 8830. Also, I am noticing that the battery life on the Curve was better than my 8830 currently.

Katherine
    07-17-07 11:21 PM
    Thanks for the pictures, Kath00. I see why Palm has declined just by looking at the form of the devices.
    07-17-07 11:32 PM
    How do Palm get away with making such horrible looking devices?
    07-18-07 06:55 AM
    nice pic, do you own/use all of them? if so, which do you like the best?
    07-18-07 07:22 AM
    Thanks. Husband owns the 700 and it crashes for him daily so he is looking to trade it out to a BB in the fall when his 2 years are up on his current phone. He likes browsing on the Treo because it has the biggest screen of all. But it is a much larger device than the BB, as everyone can see from the pix. The keyboard IS nice on the Treo.

I owned the Curve for about 3 weeks and LOVED IT. But I had to send it back because of the terrible reception I was getting with ATT. I think the Curve is by far the best of the 3 devices (brighter, nicer screen, better battery life, far better keyboard -- very similar to Treo's keyboard, smaller device, lighter, more comfy in the hands, etc.). BUT, I was getting dropped calls all the time with ATT, which is not the Curve's fault but the network's . So I sent it back and cancelled my ATT contract.

The 8830 is ok. It's big and because it's so thin, it's actually kinda uncomfortable to hold in my opinion. It's also wide and even though I have long fingers, I am finding it hard to get my hands around it. The keyboard is way worse than the Curve. The screen is less bright. The ringer is not loud enough. And there are lots of little bugs (see the other posts on the 8830 bugs). BUT it has the same OS as the Curve so it does what the curve does in the elegant BB way. And it has the AWESOME Verizon network. I have not had a dropped call since I got it. It sounds clear and crisp and many people tell me they can't decide if I am on a land line or cel. That's great since I do a lot of business from my cel.

So my dream combo would be the Curve on Verizon. No doubt about it! I hear that perhaps that dream may come true by late 2007. I only got a 1 year contract on the 8830 so that come next spring, I can swap out the 8830 for a Curve on the VZW network! If all goes according to plan...

Katherine
    Last edited by kath00; 07-20-07 at 12:10 AM.
    07-20-07 12:04 AM
    They are all sexy. Fed ex needs to hurry up and get here with my 8830
    07-20-07 09:24 AM
    The Treo now looks like a dinosaur next to the BBs. But I remember when my DH first got that phone... He was thrilled! It was revolutionary, state of the art, and by far the coolest device around. Amazing how fast technology changes...

K
    07-20-07 08:50 PM
    Gimme the treo any day of the week!! :P
    07-21-07 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD