I'd like to change phones and keep my pictures. A couple of questions please.

1) I understand pictures in the "Camera Pictures" folder are not saved to the memory card and will not transfer. Is that correct?

2) I understand pictures in the "Picture Library" folder and saved and will transfer. Is that correct?

3) Is there a way to transfer all pictures to the memory card so it will transfer to the new phone?

Thank you for your help.
    06-21-13 09:52 AM
    I believe all media can be transferred. But you can always connect your device to a PC and ensure a safe transfer that way.
    06-21-13 09:55 AM
    Thank you Walt. I am very much a novice, but a longtime and dedicated BB user. I apologize for my limited knowledge. A problem I have is that all the mobile phone "techs" are more interested in other products, and can give me very limited advice. I have lost the last pictures on a transfer to a new phone, and don't want it to happen again. It seems the pictures I take with my phone will be lost unless I transfer them, and the only way to transfer on the phone is one at a time to the Picture Library, which I believe can transfer over. Really trying to see if this is accurate, and there is a way to transfer with the phone without doing one at a time, and avoiding the PC route, which I don't understand.

Thanks for your patience.
    06-21-13 10:03 AM
    An added backup why not go to your picture folders and send them to email.
    Depending how many you have and the size of the pic you may be able to get quite a few in your email client, and then download them onto phone #2.

Then there's Bluetooth transfer.

There's Media Card transfer where you can save all the pics to memory on the 1st phone then put the Media Card in the 2nd phone and save to device.

Also go into Media then Menu and goto Explore it gives you an option to transfer from device to media card.
    06-21-13 10:16 AM