Respectfully - how do you have any idea what Priv sales will be this quarter? They are clearly making a real push with the device. It has only just been released on some major carriers, including T Mobile here in the US. It has not even landed on Verizon yet.

Posted via CB10
    We'll know soon enough. I wouldn't expect any great numbers but hopefully it sells better that BB10 devices.
    02-12-16 04:58 PM
    Numbers maybe down but potential for break even is higher with a full slate of BlackBerry Android phones. Lowering costs of the handset division is the goal.
    02-12-16 07:03 PM
    Blackberry solved this argument for all of you by offering both on one device. Choose whichever, use both, use one only. Whatever you like.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Why yes they did BUT someone screwed up and put an Amdroid OS in it.
    02-12-16 07:17 PM
    Physical Keyboard maybe great for typing..... large screens are better for viewing.

I think the market has pretty well shown what "people" in general prefer. It's only on BlackBerry sites where we still have this argument.

Sadly the PRIV has only proved that people in general don't see a value (at least not enough of one to pay a premium) in even having the option of a PKB.
    Some of people like myself have shakey hands and can't type on a VKP without making three corrections for every letter you try to type. I see the value in the PRIV in meeting my screen/PKB needs but SADLY someone screwed up and put Android in it.
    02-12-16 07:34 PM
    Room for error in PKB is very less as compared to the VKB IMHO. The typing speed in VKB is faster than the PKB but I always make typographical error in VKB.
    However it depends upon a persons preference and choices.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    02-12-16 11:07 PM
    Personal preference sometimes parallels individual need. Autocorrect and "flick spell" are worse than useless for unique, one off, nomenclature & acronyms too frequently used in my profession, for example.

That's just talking about simple typing. Traditional BlackBerry PKB experience is not JUST about typing on a pkb. It's also about keyboard navigation. Something BB tried to forget (QNX & TH never knew, IMO) with the original Q10, as released. Short cuts, speed dials, TRACKPAD!!!!, physical "end" key, back key, menu key, etc... are ALL irreplaceable part of the full BlackBerry pkb experience. For some of us, anyway.
    skstrials likes this.
    02-13-16 04:25 AM
    I prefer VKB, struggle to get used to a Physical keyboard which is so small and awkwardly placed

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 04:28 AM
    I prefer VKB, struggle to get used to a Physical keyboard which is so small and awkwardly placed

Posted via CB10
    Thumbnails work better than fingertips on Bold/Classic PKB. Might give it a try, sometime. If you haven't already.
    02-13-16 04:43 AM
    One word:

keyboardshortcutsareawesome

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    So is it. After TREO, SE P900 and many, many Androids to have them back it's beautiful.

Size of Q10, BB10 and a higher screen that's my new BlackBerry.

Posted via Q10 / 10.3.2.2836
    02-13-16 04:57 AM
    One thing that struck me after the rise of BYOD is how little people use their phones now to do much beyond read an email and maybe a one line reply apologising they can't respond properly as they're on their mobile.

In the days when BB were dominant in the workplace, people used to actually craft proper replies and use their devices as if they were at their desk. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with the difficulty of typing long missives using a vkb.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 05:46 AM
    Personal preference sometimes parallels individual need. Autocorrect and "flick spell" are worse than useless for unique, one off, nomenclature & acronyms too frequently used in my profession, for example.
    I fully agree. And when you have to deal with NOVEL foreign names daily, this gets very irritating.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 07:51 AM
    Thumbnails work better than fingertips on Bold/Classic PKB. Might give it a try, sometime. If you haven't already.
    That's how I did it on the 9000 and Q10. I have club thumbs, but had no problem typing with my nails. Will have to try the Priv.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    02-13-16 07:56 AM
    BlackBerry's virtual keyboard is awesome too! My brother who uses an Android device prefers the Priv virtual keyboard I installed for him instead of SwiftKey.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-13-16 08:14 AM
    That's how I did it on the 9000 and Q10. I have club thumbs, but had no problem typing with my nails. Will have to try the Priv.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    Yeah, been trimming my thumbnails to optimize BB PKB use since my Pearl days, at least. Dunno how well nails work on Curve/Q5 style?? Fastest typist in our office (mobile and desktop) has the longest nails! And the smallest hands! Go figure. She advised me to trim thumbnails a little longer for quicker reach to "alt" & "enter" keys on Classic. She's also faster than anyone of us on anything in house with her Z30 but blitzes best on her favorite 9900. Some brains are just wired that way. We must maintain zero error policy with thousands of one off terminal designations so no autocorrect.
    02-13-16 03:02 PM
    Some of people like myself have shakey hands and can't type on a VKP without making three corrections for every letter you try to type. I see the value in the PRIV in meeting my screen/PKB needs but SADLY someone screwed up and put Android in it.
    My elderly parents, and some of their friends, are too "shakey" for non-frustrating touch screen use. Non-touch 9650s & touch disabled 9900 are their faves.
    02-13-16 03:15 PM
    yep PKB on the devices is great but external BT keyboard and BT mouse as well is fun, almost replaces a Laptop in many cases.
    Attachment 390722

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    If BlackBerry Android provided a way to rotate the display on HDMI out while keeping portrait mode while in the docking station, it would be fantastic.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    02-13-16 08:46 PM
    I have a Z10 right now and I must admit I am missing a physical keyboard. Lately my typing has gotten pretty sloppy when I've been trying to type in a hurry. Physical keyboards most certainly help with accuracy. I find anyways

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 10:12 PM
    My elderly parents, and some of their friends, are too "shakey" for non-frustrating touch screen use. Non-touch 9650s & touch disabled 9900 are their faves.
    Getting hard to find, switched to Classic but miss some of the features of BBOS 7.1 Kept my 9810 as last resort.
    02-14-16 12:37 AM
    PKB is of course a better typing experience then VKP if it were not then desktops would be using a VKP. There are of course obvious pro's with the VKP that a PKB can never do but based on raw typing PKB is better. I have typed longer docs on my iPad and am able to type quite fast using both my hands like a regular keyboard but I have a lot more errors on then using a wireless keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel and skstrials like this.
    02-14-16 01:35 AM
    PKB is of course a better typing experience then VKP if it were not then desktops would be using a VKP. There are of course obvious pro's with the VKP that a PKB can never do but based on raw typing PKB is better. I have typed longer docs on my iPad and am able to type quite fast using both my hands like a regular keyboard but I have a lot more errors on then using a wireless keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    You are not correct when it comes to smartphones but it does make you wonder why BlackBerry does not advertise their leading feature or at least not to any great extent.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 01:46 AM
    For me the PKB is the best . The typing on PKB is very accurate unlike the VKB.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    02-14-16 03:11 AM
    Maybe you can type with out looking but I would say that is the exception rather than the rule. You are fortunate.
    Whether you type without or with looking, the ridges help with the typing accuracy.

With VKB, you only have a visual feedback. With PKB, you have a visual AND tactile feedback. The advantage of having an extra sensory system to work with is huge.
    02-14-16 08:45 AM
    Capacitive touch responds to zero force and zero physical displacement while providing zero tactile feedback. Some folks are ok with that. Others are not. Possibly a matter of an individual's synapse structure? I'm reasonably proficient with Z30 but feel 9900/Classic fatigues my brain about half, by day's end. Uncertainty of Z's response is a constant source of distraction and mental fatigue, for me. PKB provides some comforting measure of certainty. EVERYone on my crew concurs. But then my crew are NOT "consumer grade" typists.
    02-14-16 03:11 PM
    I love my classic and it's pkb but, I'll be blunt in saying a touchscreen device would have been a much better device for me and my company, I own a ceramic tile business and dust gets everywhere, including gaps between physical keys, a virtual keyboard doesn't have keys sticking because there is dust in the gaps. So no. You are very wrong in saying they are better, they can be for certain things ( texting and driving) do not try! But I can type much faster and accurately on my z30. So the old benefit of the pkb is no longer there, and for work like I do or anyone who isn't an office worker, and isn't afraid to actually do something in the real world and get dirty a touchscreen is much better, it's much more resistant to the environment, only thing you have to worry about is cracking it, even then unless you have the z10 u can still use your phone lol

Posted from My very Classy Classic
    02-15-16 05:34 AM
    Using pkb on my phones for 18 years now. Cannot imagine living without one -- I tried a few times and it sucked.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 06:06 AM
63 123