Here's the deal, years ago, after using iPhones and Android, I found a Blackberry Bold and fell in love with physical keyboards. Sure I've had other Android phones since then. I own a Note 5 now. But, regardless of the OS or the apps available, I always long for a solid physical keyboard device that let's me type emails and docs without auto-correct ruining things. I don't care what OS Blackberry uses. Yes I love BB10. I'm typing this on my Classic now. But I will always prefer Blackberry, not because of BB10, but because they still make the best physical keyboard devices on the planet. Until they stop building those, I will always prefer Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 02:33 PM
    Different strokes for different folks, but thankfully there is room for both physical and virtual keyboard lovers. Personally, I have loved the PKB on my Berries since my 9700 and the experience is fantastic on my Passport now.
    Laura Knotek and SunDevilBB like this.
    02-07-16 03:57 PM
    PKB forever...!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 04:07 PM
    To me it's about personal choice and what works best for your needs. I loved the PKB on my passport and my older Blackberry units.

But now that I am older and my "Blackberry Thumbs" are not what they used to be, I find the touchscreen is a better fit for me now. Again it's all about choice.
    02-07-16 04:09 PM
    There is a difference between liking PKBs, which I do, and claiming they are "better" which they aren't for everyone. Even among them there are huge differences for instance. My Nexus 6 has a much different keyboard than my iPhone 6 for instance. I much prefer the one on the Nexus.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    02-07-16 04:10 PM
    I love physical keyboards, but the appeal of gesture typing is understandable on virtual keyboards. Autocorrect is still horrendous.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    02-07-16 05:21 PM
    One word:

keyboardshortcutsareawesome

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    AL8x B, J_Apryono and acovey like this.
    02-07-16 05:26 PM
    The blend between physical and virtual on the Passport is the perfect combination.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 12:18 AM
    PKB is best.. love the track pad for fast one handed use.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-08-16 04:38 AM
    Depends on what you are comfortable with, and the type of physical keyboard you are using I think. Over time I've come to really like the PKB of the Passport, although I'm not nearly as fluent on it as a VKB. I really do not care for the PKB of the Priv at all and would take a VKB over it any day of the week.
    02-08-16 05:38 AM
    PKB forever...!!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-08-16 05:53 AM
    If we are just talking about the typing experience, then of course, physical keyboards are better. There are advantages to having vkb, but it would not be about typing, but the extra screen that is available when the keyboard is not needed.

Here is the thing, if you are using a vkb, you HAVE to look at the screen to make sure you are typing correctly. If you mess up one word, the auto correct will mess up all the subsequent words.

With pkb, you know exactly which key you are typing without looking at the screen at all, since you can feel each ridge of the key as well as the dot on the D. What this means is that you do not end up with a sore neck from typing long messages.

So yes, there are benefits to having vkb, but If we are talking purely about typing, then pkb is better.
    Vkb works for many people because many people do not do all that much typing on their phones anyways, and can get by with occasional typing.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 05:03 PM
    If we are just talking about the typing experience, then of course, physical keyboards are better. There are advantages to having vkb, but it would not be about typing, but the extra screen that is available when the keyboard is not needed.

Here is the thing, if you are using a vkb, you HAVE to look at the screen to make sure you are typing correctly. If you mess up one word, the auto correct will mess up all the subsequent words.

With pkb, you know exactly which key you are typing without looking at the screen at all, since you can feel each ridge of the key as well as the dot on the D. What this means is that you do not end up with a sore neck from typing long messages.

So yes, there are benefits to having vkb, but If we are talking purely about typing, then pkb is better.
    Vkb works for many people because many people do not do all that much typing on their phones anyways, and can get by with occasional typing.

Posted via CB10
    Your opinion. Maybe mine. But not most people's. I do most long messages with voice recognition anyways.
    02-08-16 05:28 PM
    PBK!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 06:01 PM
    Your opinion. Maybe mine. But not most people's. I do most long messages with voice recognition anyways.
    It is not an opinion that physical keyboards have ridges, and glasses don't. It is a fact.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you can type with out looking but I would say that is the exception rather than the rule. You are fortunate.
    bcat1346 and reeneebob like this.
    02-08-16 09:20 PM
    When I had my 9900 and my Q5, I typed far slower than I can on my iPhone. And I'm someone who doesn't use text abbreviation like U for 'you'. I became less productive on a physical keyboard and now? I wouldn't go back.

As far as autocorrect errors, can't say it's a huge issue. *shrug*

The only phone I could type on without looking was my Pearl and my iPhone. Yep, I can type without looking at my iPhone, with few typos (I have my common ones from not looking saved to my keyboard dictionary...it's not often I do it but if necessary I can absolutely type without looking).
    02-08-16 09:40 PM
    Blackberry solved this argument for all of you by offering both on one device. Choose whichever, use both, use one only. Whatever you like.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-08-16 10:06 PM
    The tactile feel of a PKB is the best feeling to me. VKB typing just doesn't feel as satisfying to me. It all boils down to personal preference though. I am actually faster on VKBs but not as accurate. I have friends though who are fast and accurate on VKBs.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-08-16 10:23 PM
    As many have also said, I think it really comes down to personal preference. I can't say that physical keyboards are "better" from an objective point of view. I'm not sure whether I'm faster or more accurate on one, but I definitely like them better to type out longer emails. It kind of feels satisfying indeed.

I've more or less come to the conclusion to stay on a BlackBerry with a pkb for business and use an Android phone for private.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 01:46 PM
    Physical Keyboard maybe great for typing..... large screens are better for viewing.

I think the market has pretty well shown what "people" in general prefer. It's only on BlackBerry sites where we still have this argument.

Sadly the PRIV has only proved that people in general don't see a value (at least not enough of one to pay a premium) in even having the option of a PKB.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-09-16 01:52 PM
    yep PKB on the devices is great but external BT keyboard and BT mouse as well is fun, almost replaces a Laptop in many cases.
    Physical Keyboards ARE Better!-img_20151230_162414.jpg

Alain_A likes this.
    02-09-16 02:17 PM
    yep PKB on the devices is great but external BT keyboard and BT mouse as well is fun, almost replaces a Laptop in many cases.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151230_162414.jpg 
Views:	841 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	390722

I like that idea, but a bit bulky to fit in my holster!!
    I loved the PKB of my 9000 and Q10, but arthritis made it hard to use it all the time. I do miss it, though, and might consider a Priv type phone in the future.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    02-09-16 04:51 PM
    Physical Keyboard maybe great for typing..... large screens are better for viewing.

I think the market has pretty well shown what "people" in general prefer. It's only on BlackBerry sites where we still have this argument.

Sadly the PRIV has only proved that people in general don't see a value (at least not enough of one to pay a premium) in even having the option of a PKB.
    I personally really like the Priv form factor, with the bigger screen for viewing and slider PKB for CrackBerries. If only it runs BBOS and not android and not so expensive...

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-10-16 02:03 AM

Respectfully - how do you have any idea what Priv sales will be this quarter? They are clearly making a real push with the device. It has only just been released on some major carriers, including T Mobile here in the US. It has not even landed on Verizon yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 11:48 AM
63 123