The first Android phone (the G1) combined a full touchscreen with a slideout keyboard.
    09-29-13 01:15 PM
    Full-sized keyboards found on PCs and laptops will never compare to keyboards found on mobile phones because of the size. The keys on desktop keyboards are large enough for each finger of your hands. Mobile phone keyboards may have keys that are large enough for each thumb. Thumb-typing is inherently different from full-hand typing. There can't be a valid comparison for the ergonomics between the two types of keyboards.
    09-29-13 01:17 PM
    When they failed with the Storm, they should have cut their losses and hedged their bets with Android. They could have kept the keyboard-based BBOS for emerging and markets and enterprise and used a themed version of Android for the consumer market.

Instead they wasted years and billions in building BB10, only to have it die in 6 months. How they thought BB10 would suffer a different fate from WebOS and Meego is baffling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-29-13 01:35 PM
    There you go, they want to be a niche product, make the best damn physical keyboard phone possible Q10/Bold bring the mouse pad back with all the BBOS features! For the full touch consumer make a Slider Phone no need for trackpad, swipe gesture, only slide out the physical keyboard if needed. Whatever we sale here at Blackberry will have a physical Keyboard.

Let's bring what we've done well for the past 10 years and incorporate those features to our new BB10 OS which will lead us into the future.

Most consumer have spoken, if they want a full touch screen, BB isn't what they're looking for. Let's see how the Z30 does this should be a tell tale. I know lots of you on this site like the Z10 but its seemed to have dragged BB down in the last 9 months not saying the Q10 did better but I believe they can do better with a physical keyboard product. To be a niche product they'll have to give something up, tough decisions will have to be made.

You think BlackBerry you think Physical Keyboard.

BlackBerry should have left the full touch market to others and become THE keyboard company.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    09-29-13 02:24 PM
    Yep a Q30 with trackpad !!!!!!
    09-29-13 06:28 PM
    Okay guys, I'm reading these replies and you love the qwerty physical keyboard.. but here's a twist, when I told a close family member that I got a BlackBerry phone and how much I'm digging it she asks if not only if it has the physical keyboard but specifically if it is the Pearl type keyboard with two letters because she says that was the keyboard that was the most efficient in typing.. and I said it was the full touchscreen, she was disappointed. I have to agree that the two letter pearl keyboard was the quickest to type on than any full qwerty keyboard I've come across.. anyone else side with this or we are some extreme minority?

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-01-13 11:32 PM
    Okay guys, I'm reading these replies and you love the qwerty physical keyboard.. but here's a twist, when I told a close family member that I got a BlackBerry phone and how much I'm digging it she asks if not only if it has the physical keyboard but specifically if it is the Pearl type keyboard with two letters because she says that was the keyboard that was the most efficient in typing.. and I said it was the full touchscreen, she was disappointed. I have to agree that the two letter pearl keyboard was the quickest to type on than any full qwerty keyboard I've come across.. anyone else side with this or we are some extreme minority?

Posted via CB10
    Interesting ... Might be perfect for a Slider.
    10-02-13 12:18 AM
32 12