I'm sorry if this is the wrong space, and I did try to search for a previous thread, but i'm not quite sure the terminology for what i'm actually trying to do.

but here goes.

My girlfriend has a crappy netbook. the wireless went out on it, the wireless card is still good, it's just the switch that is bad, and there's no way to manually turn on the wireless.

I have a bold 9780 (?? whatever sprints current bold is) and an android (froyo)

both of which are able to connect to my home wifi. both of which i can connect to the netbook via USB.

i want to use the phone to bridge to the wifi connection, but I don't know how.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

to clarify - i want to use my HOME internet wifi connection, not cell phone provider 4G or 3G or any of that garbage.

thanks in advance, you guys are always great.
    06-18-11 02:15 PM
    You can use desktop manager tether your network via USB cable to your 9650 and use WiFi and not have to use your network.
    06-18-11 03:58 PM
    There's no way to use your BlackBerry to bridge the WiFi signal from your Home Router to a computer. (No idea about the Android device.)

Just get an inexpensive WiFi adapter for the computer.
    06-19-11 06:43 AM
    I am afraid there is no way in which you can tether your Wi-Fi smartphone to work as a bridge. Simple solution would be to spend 6 - 7 USD and buy this from E-bay Mini 150M USB WiFi Wireless N LAN Network Adapter n/g/b | eBay - Issue resolved.
    06-20-11 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD