10-27-08 09:46 AM
- My phone is starting to get beat up...and... I LIKE IT ! A LOT! I feel as though I'm weird because of this? It seems everyone who has a Blackberry wants them to look new forever, but my Curve is starting to get scratches and lose paint, and my BodyGlove case has some rips...and I like the phone a lot now...I think maybe it's because it has grown on me?
Does anyone else experience this, or have you?10-26-08 03:06 PM
- I use to freak out about dropping my phone and the scratches on it, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I feel like I don't have to be as careful with it anymore, and the scratches do give its own character.
It seems that when I first got the phone and was really, really careful with it, I dropped it the most. But recently, I haven't dropped or scratched it at all and I, by all means, am not as careful as I used to be. Funny how that works.
In the future I'll buy a new housing for it, but for now, I can still use it and its still a BB10-26-08 04:40 PM
- approx. 3 months after I bought my Berry I switched the housing to a custom painted one for two reasons:
1) I wanted a fresh look
2) but I also didn't want to ruin it forever- I usually sell my phones about a year into a contract (because I get bored with them and/or something new comes out that I want read: Javlin!) so I took the OEM housing off and put the painted one on-gives me the freedom to hurt it if I so need, and when it comes time to sell I just switch out the housings and it's new again! VOILA!
I don't think I could deal with a beat up phone...my last phone looked like a truck ran over it and I just couldn't deal anymore!10-26-08 08:33 PM
- amazinglygracelessRetired ModI treat my phone like a tool, which is what it is. What it looks
like has no bearing on it's function.
I have never, even from day one been careful with mine. I don't
baby it. I have no special cleaning cloths. I don't stress over
scratches or drops. I need it to work. I could not care less as
to it's appearance. Just seem a bit silly to me.
Post #37 of this thread demonstrates my point.
Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-26-08 at 10:40 PM.10-26-08 10:35 PM
- I use a leather holster for mine. Not being use to having something on my hip within the first couple of weeks I had managed to put a few scratches on the upper right hand corner from running into things. Even have one about a quarter of an inch long in the corner of the screen. It's not noticeable except in just the right light and angle but doesn't keep me from seeing the screen. I hatted that it happened at first. But then I figured there would be more as time went on. Like AG said this is a tool and as long as it works that is all that matters to me. If it was some priceless antique investment I wouldn't carry it around with me.10-26-08 11:20 PM
- amazinglygracelessRetired Mod
they are some kind of priceless artifact is insane.
I do the minimum to protect it, after that whatever happens happens.10-26-08 11:44 PM
- I try to be careful as much as I can, but with that first major scratch I consider it broken in. Then I don't worry as much... I think scratches/ imperfections give things character, makes it more personal or something. Nothing can stay perfect forever unless you put it away, but why on earth would we do that.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-26-08 11:52 PM
- I'm not intentionally rough, but also I'm not afraid to use my Curve. I keep it in a Seido Hardcase with a screen protector, because I like the feel and look of the case and it allows me to not damage the phone too bad.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-27-08 09:33 AM
- I admit I'm a bit anal about my phone. I want it to look clean and scratchless. I use it long and hard and yet 6 months later it still looks like its out of the box.
Of course later today I'll drop it and that will no longer be true.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-27-08 09:40 AM
- I'm super careful with mine, but that goes with everything I own. I don't baby my phone, as it is, after all, still just a phone/business tool at the end of the day. I take care of it just the same as I do my car, clothes, and house.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-27-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD