Blackberry
    06-30-16 08:46 AM
    Which phone should I buy in 2016
    The phone you like the most????
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-30-16 09:45 AM
    How about a BB Pearl, that's a nice phone
    06-30-16 02:59 PM
    Best of both world, the BlackBerry Priv?
    I know two people who switched to the Priv. Both bought it for the pkb and neither one uses the pkb because the vkb is fine for them (they discovered). The Slider seemed like a good idea, but I think it comes down to using the Slider all the time just to access the pkb becomes too much work / hassle. BUT, it's probably cool when you're at a bar and slide it open.
    06-30-16 03:01 PM
    BUT, it's probably cool when you're at a bar and slide it open.
    Yeah you can buy the phone to impress a few people with the sliding PKB

Personally, I would go for BlackBerries with the Pkb, so I would've it out there in the open xD.. Classic, Passport & The eternal city of Rome.
    06-30-16 03:14 PM
    Yeah you can buy the phone to impress a few people with the sliding PKB

Personally, I would go for BlackBerries with the Pkb, so I would've it out there in the open xD.. Classic, Passport & The eternal city of Rome.
    Every time I see one of them, I grab the phone and slide it open and closed, repeatedly, until they start to get annoyed that I'll break it, lol. The last time we were on my buddy's deck and I slid it open, there was a layer of dust all over it, ha.

Yeah, prefer the Passport with the in your face pkb, the Classic is nice but I find the screen too small. I'm lukewarm on the Rome (renders), but I want an Android Passport so I'll probably pick one up just to encourage BlackBerry to keep going. And once the device is real, I'll check it out in person and see what I think. Maybe I can go back to a more narrow screen, just dial down the font size a bit.
    06-30-16 03:19 PM
    Every time I see one of them, I grab the phone and slide it open and closed, repeatedly, until they start to get annoyed that I'll break it, lol. The last time we were on my buddy's deck and I slid it open, there was a layer of dust all over it, ha.

Yeah, prefer the Passport with the in your face pkb, the Classic is nice but I find the screen too small. I'm lukewarm on the Rome (renders), but I want an Android Passport so I'll probably pick one up just to encourage BlackBerry to keep going. And once the device is real, I'll check it out in person and see what I think. Maybe I can go back to a more narrow screen, just dial down the font size a bit.
    Haha yeah I used to do the same with anyone who had a torch, back in the golden days.. Its fun to keep sliding them.. It's something like the Stylus with the Note.. I've it and its really fun to take it out and play with it, but I never really use it.. Sometimes I even forget its there xD..

I'm also waiting anxiously for the Rome.. I hope it won't be too tall though.. I'm afraid it won't fit in my pocket xD.. I might need to upgrade my jeans to expand my pockets' storage :P
    Last edited by Sairos; 06-30-16 at 04:06 PM.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-30-16 03:49 PM
    "Which phone should I buy in 2016"
    BlackBerry 10: BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Windows 10: Lumia 950 XL
    Android: LG G5 or Samsung Galaxy Edge 7
    iOS: iPhone 6S plus

These are all solid choices that should last you a while. Otherwise it's all up to your OS preference to narrow it down.
    anon(9353145) and TgeekB like this.
    06-30-16 11:21 PM

These are all solid choices that should last you a while. Otherwise it's all up to your OS preference to narrow it down.
    Did you hear about a country called China?
    06-30-16 11:38 PM
    "Which phone should I buy in 2016"
    BlackBerry 10: BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Windows 10: Lumia 950 XL
    iOS: iPhone 6S plus

Most sensible answer in the thread!
    LuxuryTouringZone likes this.
    06-30-16 11:40 PM
    My BlackBerry days are over with BlackBerry10.
    I feel disgusted now with this brand...

I'll get a Samsung or HTC or whatever...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JulesDB; 07-01-16 at 05:08 AM.
    07-01-16 01:03 AM
    Other phones.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    07-01-16 01:25 AM
    Not the priv

Huron, Gemini, Storm, Bold, Z3, Z10, Q10, Passport, and now Classic
    07-01-16 02:11 AM
    I know two people who switched to the Priv. Both bought it for the pkb and neither one uses the pkb because the vkb is fine for them (they discovered). The Slider seemed like a good idea, but I think it comes down to using the Slider all the time just to access the pkb becomes too much work / hassle. BUT, it's probably cool when you're at a bar and slide it open.
    I found I would use the keyboard for precision typing AND for trackpad, but yes the on screen keyboard was excellent and I used that in most cases! Would love to see a slab Android from BB! I use the BB apps on my One Plus Three currently. (and did on my Robin and Nexus 6P prior)
    07-01-16 11:47 AM
    No way, The Hamburg is definitely getting released before 2016 ends.. Long before that even.
    What makes you think that?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 11:54 AM
    What makes you think that?

Posted via CB10
    The hardware division has to be profitable by march/2017.. so he has to release one of the phones much earlier than that in order to give himself time to sell., and then release another (Rome) before march/17.. also in order to give himself time to sell.. They filed for the WiFi certification and he also said he will talk about it in July..
    07-01-16 12:00 PM
    The hardware division has to be profitable by march/2017.. so he has to release one of the phones much earlier than that in order to give himself time to sell., and then release another (Rome) before march/17.. also in order to give himself time to sell.. They filed for the WiFi certification and he also said he will talk about it in July..
    I thought they had to be profitable by September 2016.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 12:10 PM
    I thought they had to be profitable by September 2016.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah he extended the deadline to the end of the current fiscal year, March/2017.
    07-01-16 01:02 PM
    Anything goes

We had a good run. So long BB10.... You will be missed.
    07-01-16 01:30 PM
    I found I would use the keyboard for precision typing AND for trackpad, but yes the on screen keyboard was excellent and I used that in most cases! Would love to see a slab Android from BB! I use the BB apps on my One Plus Three currently. (and did on my Robin and Nexus 6P prior)
    Yeah, I'd be into the trackpad and shortcuts more than typing. That's why I think they should modify the android stock browser and put in pkb shortcuts n, p, t, b, space for browsing. I use the browser a lot, and it's fantastic to have that facility.

All touch hopefully is coming soon (in BlackBerry terms, haha). I was looking up Alcatel and they were highly rated for audio quailty / volume on the Idol 3 model so perhaps that's why they're rumoured to be building the Hamburgler. Call quality / volume is another important feature for me, so hopefully that continues.
    07-01-16 01:56 PM
    Anything goes

We had a good run. So long BB10.... You will be missed.
    What has changed? they'll be releasing an update soon and another one the next year.

They will still support BB10 and everything is still like it is.
    07-01-16 05:20 PM
    What has changed? they'll be releasing an update soon and another one the next year.

They will still support BB10 and everything is still like it is.
    It's kind of hard to be excited about a product that is fading away even though someone is dusting it off once in a while. Not the same as developing and planning for the future.
    07-01-16 06:02 PM
    It's kind of hard to be excited about a product that is fading away even though someone is dusting it off once in a while. Not the same as developing and planning for the future.
    Ah but I thought it was pretty obvious since the Priv.. They said they'll be going android from now on quite a few times. I thought it would've sinked in by now.. But it seems this article have triggered some angry feelings xD.
    07-01-16 06:32 PM
58 123