My blackberry is running slow. When I got to answer a call it shows the hour glass shows for a few seconds and it takes a little while for me to actually be able to answer. When hanging up the phone the same thing happens. I was woundering is there anything that I can do to stop this from happening or is it something I have to learn to deal with. I was told by a friend that there is a way to defrag the phone. But I cant seem to find it
    01-27-09 08:42 AM
    You need to make sure you have enough file free memory. Hit ALT+Left Shift+H to check your memory. If its under 12-15mb, you need to delete some 3rd party apps. I believe there is a memory optimization guide in the "How To & FAQ" link in my sig.

Also make sure that your storing pics, videos, voicenotes, music...etc on your memory card, not in your phone. Another thing to remember is, make sure your closing all of your apps and programs properly (Menu/Close). The "End" button won't close them out, it'll just take you to the main menu. Having a bunch of open programs will really slow your BB down.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 01-27-09 at 08:59 AM.
    01-27-09 08:55 AM
    Do a battery pull. Defragging the phone is not something that even make sense. Defragging is really only useful for hard disk medium where sequential access to the data is important in getting optimal performance.
    01-27-09 02:59 PM
    Battery pull or soft reset daily helps keep your BB up to par
    01-27-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD