I'm having a problem the last few days with this curve restarting everytime I enable bluetooth. Once it connects or is about to connect, BAM, phone reboots! Anyone having this problem or know how to fix it?
    02-21-09 09:24 AM
    anyone???
    03-01-09 03:09 AM
    If a battery pull didn't remedy the problem, you may have to re-install the firmware. I had a Curve and it lost its Bluetooth functionality altogether. It wouldn't activate. If a software update doesn't fix it, it could even be hardware, but I doubt it. Still possible. Is your phone still under warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 03:23 AM
    for me, about 50% of the time, the bluetooth will connect but then the phone shuts off (with LED solid red) and restarts again without a problem. I'm using the blueAnt V1 paired with my BB Curve 8330.

But it only happens when bluetooth is shut off, I enable it, and then when it picks up my headset.
    03-06-09 12:40 PM
    Are all your services checked in the bluetooth options? Uncheck any unnecessary services you don't use and see if that helps. Also, try keeping the option "Connect on Power-up" off. If not try reinstalling the firmware or just bite the bullet and keep bluetooth on. Or if under warranty get it replaced.

03-06-09 01:29 PM
    ummm, the phone is under warranty I think (bought it in July) but I have an invisible shield on it, plus my trackball is black lol. Not to mention that it has already been replaced once. So I would rather try to fix it first before attempting to replace.

Now... I always leave the bluetooth disabled. Once it connects to my headset, it will say "connected." Then BAM, restart! The thing is that it will happen only sometimes. Maybe once every 3 times or so. So when you say reinstall the firmware, what do you mean by that? I only heard of reinstalling the OS, not firmware
    03-08-09 07:41 AM
    Well yeah. OS, firmware. Pretty much same thing. Device software upgrade. Reinstall the OS. As for the trackball thing, as long as that's the only physical mod you did, switching back to stock should work to get an exchange. Too bad it can't be like a car where if you have a rear spoiler and your engine fails the only way warranty won't cover it is if they prove the wing caused the problem haha!

03-10-09 09:02 AM
    I'm having the same issue was anyone able to find a solution to this?
    I'm using an 8330 with OS 4.5
    08-31-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD