I've called my phone from my home phone and my phone lights up but doesn't start to ring till the 3rd tone and it doesn't really give me a chance to pick up my cell phone. How can I fix this?
    05-10-09 12:59 AM
    I had this happen to my curve and it was an issue with the cell phone itself, I took it back and they just in-store swapped it.
    05-10-09 01:00 AM
    i've experienced this too, i've just learned to deal with it.

but around the forums, if you give your carrier a call they should be able to extend the ringtime by about 10-15 seconds.
    05-10-09 01:27 AM
    it could be that you dont get good service were you live
    05-10-09 02:00 AM
    Do you have your phone set to vibrate and ring? If so, many BBs can't do both at once without an App for it. So it vibrates for 10 seconds, then starts ringing.

Or you could be loading a full sized song mp3 as the ringtone instead of a 30 second clip? The phone has to load that whole song, which takes time, then start ringing (meanwhile the person on the phone calling you has been hearing the ringing the whole time). That was a big issue with my old Voyager. If the cut wasn't under 30 seconds, it took a bit longer to load, causing the "ringing time" to lessen
    05-10-09 02:34 AM
    05-10-09 09:15 AM
    I called Sprint for this short ring problem with my 8830 and they said Nextel has the option to extend it but Sprint does not.

The AT&T thing didn't work either - bummer.

They said I should check for a 3rd party application! ha ha
    06-01-09 01:37 PM
    To get more rings type *94 than the number of rings you want at the end EX. *949, so that gives you max amount of rings of 9. type this in as a phone number than hit call button(green phone symbol) once it starts the call you should get a long busy symbol. This means it worked.
    06-01-09 05:09 PM
    To get more rings type *94 than the number of rings you want at the end EX. *949, so that gives you max amount of rings of 9. type this in as a phone number than hit call button(green phone symbol) once it starts the call you should get a long busy symbol. This means it worked.
    What? That makes no sense at all to me... I think you misunderstood this topic.
    06-02-09 08:09 AM
    Anyone have Verizon been able to get more rings? I want to adjust the number of before my voice mail picks up.
    Last edited by SALZ; 06-19-09 at 04:43 AM.
    06-19-09 04:41 AM
    Like RedSox said above, if you call VZW, I'm pretty sure they can extend the number of rings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD