As a new guy for Blackberry (one month and I love it!), the only feature I miss from my cell phone is that alert reminding me that I have a phone mesage in my in-box. I had a short beep and a symbol in the display.

I have searched web pages for the Blackberry software I'm looking for, but cannot seem to find anything.

Does anyone know where I can find the appropriate software? Is there a technical reason that this feature (at least a continuous beep) cannot be loaded on a Blackberry? I have an 8330 Curve from Verizon.

I appreciate any forgoing replies in this great forum, lots of knowledgible people. . .
    01-20-09 01:11 PM
    If I am correct in thinking this is what you want.... Youmail does this. It will send you a txt message when u have a vm. Also if you go into call logs - options and call logging you can choose to have missed calls, all calls, or no calls displayed in your inbox

Or do u mean like an alert for text and such.... Go to the profiles - advancved - bb key - edit and edit the option there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 01-20-09 at 01:32 PM.
    01-20-09 01:25 PM
    If I am correct in thinking this is what you want.... Youmail does this. It will send you a txt message when u have a vm. Also if you go into call logs - options and call logging you can choose to have missed calls, all calls, or no calls displayed in your inbox

Or do u mean like an alert for text and such.... Go to the profiles - advancved - bb key - edit and edit the option there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com.
    Thanks for the quick reply, chelsetx. . . I can barely see the little red "X" on the display when I have a call in my in-box. . . what I'd like is a NOISE when my in-box has a message waiting. Not just the little red sign! Or maybe a bigger display!
    01-20-09 04:39 PM
    Ahhhh okay... The only thing I know of if the profile... But that is only for the when I first arrives. I don't know of a sound repeate. Sorry. I know the light keeps going off but from what I am told that stops after 15 minutes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD