i just recently started using my phone as my mobile hotspot but i noticed that when i turn it on, the phone heats up rapidly like in just 3minutes, especially the back. is this normal? Has anybody experienced this before?

Sent via Porsche Blackberry�
    02-06-13 08:44 PM
    I think all phones do. Does it get hot enough to burn you?
    02-06-13 08:46 PM
    i just recently started using my phone as my mobile hotspot but i noticed that when i turn it on, the phone heats up rapidly like in just 3minutes, especially the back. is this normal? Has anybody experienced this before?

How hot? They all get warm, if its burning somethings wrong.
    02-06-13 08:48 PM
    All phones do pretty much. Just the way it is
    02-06-13 08:56 PM
    Mine gets hot just playing Pandora (It's a Droid) ... Forgive me. I live in the USA. I plan on resolving this issue soon.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-06-13 09:08 PM
    no not like it burns its just really warm..probably im just not use to it, i use my phone most of the time its always in my hands and it doesnt get this warm..but when i turn my hotspot on and leave the phone on standy (without using it) it still gets warm..its probably just normal i just have to get used to it when using the hospot

02-06-13 09:19 PM
    Yep, fairly normal I think.
    02-06-13 09:22 PM
    There are three big heat producers in the Z10: Battery, CPU and Transmitters. When you use the hotspot it keeps the WiFi transmitter pretty much constantly on. Also, it generates a fair amount of cellular (LTE) activity which keeps the wireless transmitter on. And, those transmitters are pulling a good amount of current from the battery which causes it to warm up. The old triple whammy. Now, because you will see higher battery use, you are probably going to use the charger. That will push a fair amount of current into the battery which will also generate heat. Ever feel the PlayBook screen near the magnetic plug when using the rapid charger?

Being that it's winter where the Z is being sold and it feels so nice in the hand, take advantage of that warmth while the battery lasts.
    02-07-13 05:57 AM
    Actually, so does my Sierra wireless hotspot and it was designed to act as a hotspot. Must use a lot of electricity doing what it is doing.
    02-07-13 07:02 AM