I'm on vaction in Southampton, NY and ever since we landed a couple of days ago my phone has been heating up a lot (which also drains the battery quicker). The cell service is spotty (3G in one area and zero service in the next...) I have Verizon on my Bold, and AT&T is even worse on my ipad. Could it be the cell service that's causing my processor to overheat? Or maybe the humidity and weather difference?

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 07-09-11 at 11:35 AM.
    07-09-11 11:15 AM
    Could be both, hard to say which one.

07-09-11 11:32 AM
    When your signal strenght drops below a minimum, the radio draws extra power to be heard at the cell tower.

I live in a marginal area, when I don't have a Wifi connection, I experience the same effect: Runs hot and drains the battery quickly... even in the middle of a Canadian Winter.
    07-09-11 12:25 PM
    ^so its probably the cell service that is causing the problem.

Thanks for the replies.
    07-09-11 12:28 PM
    I took my phone from Vancouver, BC to the Amazon for 2 weeks and had no problems with the humidity or heat. It was a 9700. I did have problems with lens fogging on my waterproof camera but the phone was fine.
    07-09-11 04:34 PM
    Then it must be the very spotty cell service that is messing with the battery and cpu heat.

07-09-11 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD