is there a way to transfer the contents of one phone to another, as in old emails, texts, contacts, calendar, notes, etc? it might be simple, or it might not be possible i don't know. i'm not sure if the desktop manager has a capability to do that. i haven't tried. just wanted to ask first before i get a new phone. thanks.
    09-21-09 10:37 PM
    Device Switch Manager in Desktop will take care of everything
    except apps.
    09-21-09 10:44 PM
    cool thank you
    09-22-09 05:03 AM
    Well, does it not at least also copy your app/icon and then you just would need new reg codes, or was I slightly misinformed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 06:36 AM
    Desktop Mgr. took my apps and games and transferred....I had a FRU replacement from VZW and the device switch took everything down to the the wallpaper from old device to "new" device.....worked great!!!

jim
    09-22-09 09:44 PM
    what about a us cell phone contacts transfered to my blackberry
    09-23-09 11:32 PM
    Contacts can be transfered Via your carrier store. Backing your old phone up on your computer will also take care of your contacts.
    09-24-09 12:56 AM
    I am so glad I found this thread. I realize now that when I was just doing a "backup" that it was just settings and all.

I did the Device switch manager last night, without switching, and created a "backup" loader file which contains my apps and all that now.

Question.......if you do the Device Manager loader backup thing (without actually switching of course), does it also contain the data backup information or should I be doing both on a periodic basis?
    09-24-09 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD