Whenever I pull the battery or restart on my Bold 9960 a txt number from one of my contacts appears in the txt message area. It's blank with just the persons name but I am getting tired of erasing it each time I restart. Any way to delete that permanently?

Thanks

PS - Once I delete it, it stays deleted until I restart again. I've deleted and pulled battery, waited 5 minutes and started up again - still pops up.
    09-13-12 10:34 AM
    Could it be sim related somehow?
    09-13-12 12:08 PM
    That does sound frustrating! Try sending a tweet or direct message to @BlackberryHelp on Twitter - they might be able to help you. Good luck!
    09-13-12 12:53 PM
    Could it be sim related somehow?
    That's what I was thinking. Does anyone know how to correct this issue if it is SIM related?
    09-13-12 07:29 PM
    i get the same thing on my Vzw 9930 the only way i have found to make them go away is to do a complete security wipe, but soon enough another one will appear.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 08:26 PM
    I found the solution thanks to Sprint technical support - Txt Msg > menu > view folder >scroll down to SMS Outbox and open - the phantom contact that appeared each time the device was rebooted was there - I deleted and no more problem.

This one drove me crazy. Happy I found a solution
    09-13-12 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD