Has anyone else noticed that when watching their BlackBerry blink a pretty green light out of the corner of their eye you'll see it blink red every so often? Excitedly I go to check to see what I've received only to find that nothing is there.

I've since learned to watch it a second time and see that, in fact, I haven't received a message at all as the second blink is a green one! Ugh!

Am I really so desperate to use my BlackBerry that I've resorted to subconsciously replacing the green blink with a red one so that I'll have an excuse to pick up and use the Berry? I think so!

Does anyone else have something strange/interesting that they do to justify their constant usage of a Berry? Have you ever had to come up with an excuse saying that you're doing something important when someone questions why you're always on it?
    02-25-08 10:41 AM
    This is covered in the phone's user manual. It is a signal coverage indicator. Indicating that you have coverage. You can turn it off by going to Options > Screen/Keyboard, and turning off LED Coverage Indicator.
    02-25-08 11:21 AM
    This is covered in the phone's user manual. It is a signal coverage indicator. Indicating that you have coverage. You can turn it off by going to Options > Screen/Keyboard, and turning off LED Coverage Indicator.
    You seem to be confused by my sarcasm! Re-read the whole post!
    02-25-08 11:22 AM
    Read it again. The way you are explaining it doesn't make clear what the problem is or what you are asking.
    02-25-08 11:30 AM
    Read it again. The way you are explaining it doesn't make clear what the problem is or what you are asking.
    Just forget it.
    02-25-08 12:13 PM
    How bout I just suggest the good ol favorite of pulling the battery lol.
    02-25-08 12:16 PM
    I think he's more wondering if he's SO addicted to his BB, that he's "wishing" to see a red LED that he actually "sees" it out of the corner of his eye...but upon checking, alas, there's no new email!

Don't feel bad...I have this same phenomenon from time to time.
    02-25-08 12:17 PM
    Hey miakeru

Not Only Do I Get The "Phantom Notifications" But I ALso Get "Phantom Vibrate." I Feel It Vibrate, But When I Go Check, NOTHING

Also, Since I'm Very Anal To Have Cenrtain Ringtones To ALL My Alerts I Get The "Phantom Ringtone." Lets Say I'm In The Kithcen, I Go Check My Phone In The Living Room Because I Swear I Heard A Text Or Email Arrived And Once Again.....NOTHING

Damn, We Are Addicts!!!!
    02-25-08 01:47 PM
    Not Only Do I Get The "Phantom Notifications" But I ALso Get "Phantom Vibrate." I Feel It Vibrate, But When I Go Check, NOTHING

Also, Since I'm Very Anal To Have Cenrtain Ringtones To ALL My Alerts I Get The "Phantom Ringtone." Lets Say I'm In The Kithcen, I Go Check My Phone In The Living Room Because I Swear I Heard A Text Or Email Arrived And Once Again.....NOTHING
    Oh. No. Yeah, I've experienced the same things, too. I wonder if there's some sort of help classes for things like this. The phantom vibrating tends to get me a lot.
    02-25-08 01:50 PM
    Dude I totally get you... I get that same thing... I am totally bummed out everytime

You seem to be confused by my sarcasm! Re-read the whole post!
    02-25-08 01:51 PM
    I get the phantom vibrating even when I don't have the phone on my hip! It's weird. I'm glad to know it's not just me. I still have to feel my hip (where I usually keep my BB) to convince myself that the BB isnt there~
    02-25-08 02:22 PM
    My phone ocasionally makes the "new message" sound and when I check it, all I see is a message that says "Network notification"... But there's no message and no obvious reason why I get this mystery message.
    02-25-08 03:16 PM
    OMG!! yes sometimes i think im going crazy!! and i have to do a double take!
    02-25-08 03:58 PM
    that's really weird cause i've been doing the same thing for the last few days.. i feel like i'm going out of my mind...!
    02-25-08 04:17 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that when watching their BlackBerry blink a pretty green light out of the corner of their eye you'll see it blink red every so often? Excitedly I go to check to see what I've received only to find that nothing is there.

I've since learned to watch it a second time and see that, in fact, I haven't received a message at all as the second blink is a green one! Ugh!
    actually, if ur low on battery, ur bb will blink green and red to make an "amber" color (or a pretty green, lol). that could be the reason why u see it red when u said u saw it green. the way u see these colors in action is (in a dark room) wait till ur batter is low on power and starts blinking, then just wave ur bb back n forth and u'll see the green and red colors almost simultaneously blink at the same time.
    02-25-08 04:51 PM
    Each and every one of you is crazy (this is meant as a joke).
    02-25-08 06:07 PM
    Hey I know some of you guys are joking but I'm with the OP, seen it as well. Yup.
    02-25-08 06:21 PM
    I see it (and feel it) too. You are not alone!
    02-25-08 10:53 PM
    Hey, if you wave your BlackBerry back & forth in a dark room quick enough, you can even write you name... Then you can boast to your friends that you name is up in lights! lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-08 03:19 AM
    Hey, if you wave your BlackBerry back & forth in a dark room quick enough, you can even write you name... Then you can boast to your friends that you name is up in lights! lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL.

i'll bite my tongue & just try it.
    02-26-08 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD