Today I had a handful of PINs and emails all show up on my 8707 at once. After going through and opening/deleting all of them, the main screen is still showing one unopened message. I went to my message folder, pressed 'U' but it said that there were no unread messages, yet the single envelope icon remains in upper-left corner of the screen.

Any ideas how to removed this? This seems like a glitch similar to when I had my old Curve lock up while I was receiving a call and thereafter it always said I had one missed call, even though the call log was completely clear.

Thanks for the help.
    09-12-08 01:16 PM
    Battery pull?
    09-12-08 01:22 PM
    09-12-08 02:01 PM
    That's the first thing I tried; still there.
    09-12-08 02:20 PM
    Look at the link i put on there for you
    09-12-08 02:52 PM
    Thanks for the link;

I have three email accounts and a seperated SMS/MMS folder under this Vodafone theme I'm running (as well as a Global mail folder which encompasses all email and PIN messages) and I've searched for unopened messages in all and they all show that I have no unread messages, yet the unread message indicator persists.

Any ideas? It seems like a glitch to me.
    09-12-08 03:01 PM
    did you try to look without hitting U? Just try to normal way.

or try sending yourself an email...go and delete it and see if the old one is still hung up...sometimes you have to do that vmail...not sure if it'll work but worth a try
    09-12-08 03:18 PM
    I have the same issue on my BOLD. It's driving me nuts. It happens once every few days and I have to do a battery pull to clear the friggin thing. I have done everything that was posted in the link and it won't go away.

Is this a software glitch?
    09-13-08 11:39 AM
    did you try to look without hitting U? Just try to normal way.

or try sending yourself an email...go and delete it and see if the old one is still hung up...sometimes you have to do that vmail...not sure if it'll work but worth a try
    Yeah, I scrolled through and there are no unopened messages. I've got to imagine that this is one of those glitches.
    09-13-08 01:47 PM
    I have been experiencing the same problem. Went through all mailboxes, deleted all phone numbers on incoming list, deleted all prior up to one week ago and mail icon still persists on Spring/Nextel 8703e.

Pulled battery and that did not help, either.

Anyone come up with a solution yet?
    09-23-08 01:32 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I still haven't seen any solution
    01-08-10 02:56 PM
    I have the same issue on my BOLD. It's driving me nuts. It happens once every few days and I have to do a battery pull to clear the friggin thing. I have done everything that was posted in the link and it won't go away.

Is this a software glitch?
    its more then likely a software glitch obviously
    01-08-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD