I never hold my Note 2 up to my ear, or my Z10. I use a headset and take notes during phone calls, check the calendar, look things up, and so on. If I'm not wearing a headset, I use the speakerphone.

If my PlayBook could make phone calls, I'd use it the same way - headset while taking notes and so on.

I use Skype on my laptop for phone calls, but you wouldn't see me trying to hold that up to my ear, either.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 11:36 AM
    I'm honestly thinking one of the barriers to bigger devices is the size of the pockets we have.
    Ummm yeah. I remember for a hot minute when chocolate bar phones were all the rage you could buy pants with a cell phone pocket.

IMHO that was brilliant.

I for one don't want to carry a purse with me. Call me old fashioned but as a man I don't like purses. Also I am not about to break out the hip-packs. Those things went away in the 1990s (for the most part) and we should do whatever possible to avoid that fashion travesty again!.

The Z10 is about as big as a phone can get and still fit in my pocket.

I am honestly thinking that people are getting a bit out of their minds about devices when they can't live without a 5" screen every day. My cousin's husband had one of those big phones and I clowned him on it. LOL I asked him to hold it up to his head like he was taking a call and it looked like he was ducking for cover.

Generally speaking bigger is better, but are we going to need to put casters on our phones in the future so they can still be considered portable?

IMHO if you really NEED a 5" phone likely your day to day duties would require something along the lines of a Notebook.

EDIT: Foldable displays will make large screens possible with normal size pockets.
    06-04-13 03:10 PM
    Girls have bigger pockets??

Posted via CB10
    Purses and handbags.
    06-04-13 03:20 PM
    Girls have bigger pockets??

Posted via CB10
    No, they usually have roomy handbags )))
    06-05-13 04:33 AM
    I want a minitablet dumbscreen to read from, and I want it connected to my BB10.
    Yup, I couldn't agree more. Practically speaking, phones can only get so big before they look goofy and lose their portability and form factor. IMO any screen above 4.8 inches is sort of the cut off point. This is where the passive screen approach, highlighted by Heins, becomes interesting. When you need the bigger screen, you can pull it out of your bag and couple it to your smart phone. Great way of extending the functionality of your phone. Very practical and smart.
    If BB does implement a passive screen approach, it will further differentiate BB10 from the competition. Even better, iOS and Android are simply not designed to handle bridging to a passive device. So, BB can carve out a new path with limited competition.
    06-05-13 04:50 AM
30 12