On the train today, I noticed the perfect walking ad for the Z10. I saw numerous people with their iPhones, mindlessly flicking through their apps, talking selfies, playing games...
    Then I see this one dude on his Z10. His phone is unadorned, a pure, naked Z10. The iPhones around him are adorned in cuty bunny cases and the like. One thing I am surprised by is the quality of the screen on the Z10. I had to take a long glance to check it out, the keyboard and screen looks very sharp and "flat" in some odd but very nice way. Almost like it has been painted on the phone, the keyboard nearly looks like a physical keyboard at my distance.

He's nicely dressed, but low key (I do notice he's wearing quality duds, just not flashy), just like his phone. Neatly coiffed, seems quite "professional" looking. He's busy checking e-mail. He gets one with an attachment, I'm close enough to see it's an engineering drawing for some type of water system. He reviews it, fires off a reply. I seem him bouncing back and forth to previous e-mails while composing the current one. He's going through more e-mails, I see him reading another PDF for a project proposal. The man is getting stuff done while everyone is just screwing around with their phones. The Z10 never seems to slow him down, it just seems to be working, I didn't notice any annoying pauses, except maybe that ever slight delay when downloading that huge PDF drawing.

It's not even 5pm yet, so he's probably still on the clock, but he'll be done by the time we get to the end of the line, ready to get on with the rest of his life.
    11-21-13 11:41 PM
    On the train today, I noticed the perfect walking ad for the Z10. I saw numerous people with their iPhones, mindlessly flicking through their apps, talking selfies, playing games...
    Then I see this one dude on his Z10. His phone is unadorned, a pure, naked Z10. The iPhones around him are adorned in cuty bunny cases and the like. One thing I am surprised by is the quality of the screen on the Z10. I had to take a long glance to check it out, the keyboard and screen looks very sharp and "flat" in some odd but very nice way. Almost like it has been painted on the phone, the keyboard nearly looks like a physical keyboard at my distance.

He's nicely dressed, but low key (I do notice he's wearing quality duds, just not flashy), just like his phone. Neatly coiffed, seems quite "professional" looking. He's busy checking e-mail. He gets one with an attachment, I'm close enough to see it's an engineering drawing for some type of water system. He reviews it, fires off a reply. I seem him bouncing back and forth to previous e-mails while composing the current one. He's going through more e-mails, I see him reading another PDF for a project proposal. The man is getting stuff done while everyone is just screwing around with their phones. The Z10 never seems to slow him down, it just seems to be working, I didn't notice any annoying pauses, except maybe that ever slight delay when downloading that huge PDF drawing.

It's not even 5pm yet, so he's probably still on the clock, but he'll be done by the time we get to the end of the line, ready to get on with the rest of his life.
    yes the z10 can do all that and more, you will be surprise
    11-21-13 11:48 PM
    Blackberry "Productivity is what we do best"
    eldricho, Grumblegrumble and Loc22 like this.
    11-21-13 11:48 PM
    Lol all I can think of is, you must have been staring at his screen for a very long time!

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    11-22-13 01:16 AM
    Lol your a phone stalker.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 07:37 AM
    Yes, sounds like another great "Tools Not Toys" campaign. Because we all know that everyone in here using a blackberry is a high powered professional that doesn't have time for apps or wasting time playing games or watching movies on their phone. Crackberry knows this which is why they never have games listed in their blog day after day and why blackberry only has professional apps in the App Store because that's all anybody wants who uses a blackberry. And no other phone can "communicate" like a blackberry device.

Give me a break OP, you are living in fantasy land and if you really believe what you posted then you are as lost as the people running blackberry.
    11-23-13 08:57 AM
    Yes, sounds like another great "Tools Not Toys" campaign. Because we all know that everyone in here using a blackberry is a high powered professional that doesn't have time for apps or wasting time playing games or watching movies on their phone. Crackberry knows this which is why they never have games listed in their blog day after day and why blackberry only has professional apps in the App Store because that's all anybody wants who uses a blackberry. And no other phone can "communicate" like a blackberry device.

Give me a break OP, you are living in fantasy land and if you really believe what you posted then you are as lost as the people running blackberry.
    Exactly. Isn't this what has Blackberry in trouble right now? Cutting themselves off from a majority of the market? Feeling superior to so many people? I don't get it.
    ElGusta likes this.
    11-23-13 09:05 AM
    Exactly. Isn't this what has Blackberry in trouble right now? Cutting themselves off from a majority of the market? Feeling superior to so many people? I don't get it.
    I think some people missed the memo that Blackberry isn't the only smartphone company in the world anymore and still believe that being seen with one automatically qualifies you as a "professional."
    11-23-13 09:12 AM
    "Yes, sounds like another great "Tools Not Toys" campaign. Because we all know that everyone in here using a blackberry is a high powered professional that doesn't have time for apps or wasting time playing games or watching movies on their phone. "

You don't understand marketing. Its the image of the consumer that matters. How they will actually use the phone doesn't. If blackberry markets the products with that kind of professional image... people who want others to see them with that same professional image will buy the phone.

It has nothing to do with how they will actually use the device. Its about what they think the phone will make others think of them.
    Loc22 and Davidro1 like this.
    11-23-13 09:22 AM
    I like it. But the ad should show what he does with the phone AFTER work just as seamless - streaming video to a tv, playing music through a music gateway, playing a few popular games, maybe even downloading a few android apps from Amazon... the balance of work and personal, not just the work/professional side.
    11-23-13 09:23 AM
    I like it. But the ad should show what he does with the phone AFTER work just as seamless - streaming video to a tv, playing music through a music gateway, playing a few popular games, maybe even downloading a few android apps from Amazon... the balance of work and personal, not just the work/professional side.
    I like this much better. A well-rounded device that helps you in ALL aspects of your life.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-23-13 09:25 AM
    "Yes, sounds like another great "Tools Not Toys" campaign. Because we all know that everyone in here using a blackberry is a high powered professional that doesn't have time for apps or wasting time playing games or watching movies on their phone. "

You don't understand marketing. Its the image of the consumer that matters. How they will actually use the phone doesn't. If blackberry markets the products with that kind of professional image... people who want others to see them with that same professional image will buy the phone.

It has nothing to do with how they will actually use the device. Its about what they think the phone will make others think of them.
    No you don't understand marketing. Blackberry has been down that road which was their tools not toys campaign and it failed.

"It's about what they think the phone will make others think of them?" What planet are you living on where people think that those using Blackberry's convey a professional image? It doesn't convey that at all, and that's even besides the point.

People are going to buy a device that works for them, not for what they perceive it makes others think of them.
    Rolf Hed likes this.
    11-23-13 09:27 AM
    OP reported what he saw and what impressed him. He mentioned that this person he saw would make a good advertisement for the Z10. Nothing wrong with that. His post contains an enthusiastic description of a special case.

I don't see why someone should be so oversensitive as to diss him with a "tools not toys" generalization. The only entity that can legitimately be blamed for propagating a "tools not toys" claim, and defining business policy based on that claim is Blackberry itself. Unfortunately, it has become fashionable to transfer that blame to BB users. There are as many different use-cases as there are users, and we should just be accepting of that.

I liked reading the OP. Ask yourselves: If he was describing a productive user with a HTC One or a Galaxy Note 3, would people be so hostile to him?

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    11-23-13 09:27 AM
    I liked reading the OP. Ask yourselves: If he was describing a productive user with a HTC One or a Galaxy Note 3, would people be so hostile to him?

That's not allowed on Crackberry.
    unbreakablej likes this.
    11-23-13 09:30 AM
    Ask yourselves: If he was describing a productive user with a HTC One or a Galaxy Note 3, would people be so hostile to him?

Lol he would be told that the person using it didn't understand what they really needed in a phone and that to be truly productive they needed a BB10 device.
    11-23-13 09:32 AM
    How about we take the OP's story and modify it. Businessman, serious, work, etc. The audience is thinking "boring". He then rips off his suit and has casual clothes underneath. He is transported to a scene with his wife and kids. They are playing a game, shopping on Amazon, checking the latest weather, etc. It might hint at and show that Blackberry has changed from a device only for business people to one for everyone.
    11-23-13 09:37 AM
    And if they did this all Apple or Google would do is throw a tiny bit of marketing dollars showing all of the productivity apps (medical, legal, technical, etc.) that aren't available for BlackBerry. Notice how Samsung is already running add a about multitasking. With the app gap open, everything can be countered. BB10 is great, but BlackBerry has let it's name be tarnished and the competition blow by them. After/if they achieve parity on the app front, then they can go into the UI and the efficiencies of the OS compared to the others and get some traction. Maybe 10.2.1 and adding a credible Android app store via a partnership will get then there, but they aren't there yet and probably won't be till after the holidays. Yet another Holiday season BlackBerry has missed/botched.

And seriously if I had someone stalking me at a station or looking at my screen for so long I would have gotten far away!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 09:49 AM
    I don't think most people would be too impressed with this type of commercial in 2013-2014. The 'getting stuff done' campaign has clearly failed. It needs to be scrapped yesterday. BlackBerry needs to pursue a different angle.
    11-23-13 10:06 AM
    Nice choice of words used to describe the scenario with iPhone users... "mindlessly", "selfies", "games" - as if that's exactly what they're all doing and could only be doing. Of course they couldn't be doing anything productive, right?

The problem with this idea for an Ad is that it's an outright lie, as the iPhone blows away BB10 with regards to amount of productivity tools available for it. If you want to be productive, you don't buy a BB10 phone... you buy an iPhone or Android phone because THEY HAVE THE PRODUCTIVE APPS.

A few people at work were gifted BB10 devices and are annoyed with all the things they CAN'T do on it compared to my Nexus 5. I'm not talking games or mindless apps... I'm talking about apps that make their work and/or lives more productive - stuff that saves them time because they can do it while being mobile.

Myth: Blackberry is for those who want to get things done.

Fact: iPhone and Android phones are for getting things done - because they have the apps that will help you get things done.
    TgeekB and EddieAIG like this.
    11-23-13 10:23 AM
    Felt like I was reading an erotic novel..

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:23 AM
    Your very nosy! This morning I played games on my z10. It's cos i had nothing better to do. But if I needed to get stuff done I could. So could an iPhone and Android user. And I have seen many android and iPhone users firing away at emails and messages with ease and at a fast pace.

This notion that blackberry is the one true productivity device is so old now.. blackberry is not the only productivity device that can get stuff done with ease.

And what your wearing has no bearing on what type of phone you are likely to carry, granted if u are rich you may be more likely to own a smartphone , but the operative word here is smartphone, not blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-23-13 10:25 AM
    Sounded to me like something written for a creative writing class assignment . . .
    Sorry, but while I love BlackBerry I don't care for the way the non-BB people were portrayed (read: stereotyped); I can love my phone without being uncharitable to others who choose differently . . just my two cents
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-23-13 10:44 AM
    OP, please report to the nearest NSA office immediately. The agent you checked out the other day was reviewing a drawing of the latest human waste disposal system for the next Gen death star design, which is being contracted out to a entity formerly known as RIMpire... you are not supposed to see what you have seen, read what you are reading right now... a memory erasing process has been ordered in the aforementioned office for your visit... yes, it is 100% safe and yes, we know where you are.
    11-23-13 11:12 AM
    Quick question...how is he looking at previous emails while composing another one. I still have yet to figure out how to do this
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-23-13 11:34 AM
    Quick question...how is he looking at previous emails while composing another one. I still have yet to figure out how to do this
    NSA 's technology is apparently ahead of your agency now, Howarmat. They are probably on leak 10.2.3.
    11-23-13 11:56 AM
52 123